Exercise Adjustments

Options
reyna0526
reyna0526 Posts: 6 Member
Hello All,

Newbie here! I posted this elsewhere but was told there was a Fitbit group so yay! I started using a running app and linked it to MFP, so today I see an adjustment for steps along with running and walking adjustments that it pulled from the running app. Is this actually doubling the exercise adjustment?

Thanks everyone!

Rita

Replies

• reyna0526
    reyna0526 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So of course I find the same question AFTER I post. I read that as long as the time is correct it doesn't "double up". This has been my other issue. It shows that I ran at 1AM when it was at 6pm. I've looked at this app, Fitbit and the running app and can't figure out where this wrong time might be coming from. Any ideas?
  • mynameisnotemily
    mynameisnotemily Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just disconnect the running app from MFP? Then you get the adjustments from the tracker, which tracks your whole day's activity and gives you a better picture overall, (and you can still view your running stats in-app if you like.)
  • DanielleMesa
    DanielleMesa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use map my run and while it doesn't double log in MFP, it did in the fitbit app. Thus I disconnected it from MFP and just rely on my fitbit. With the HR monitoring, it gives a more accurate calorie burn anyway. I just use map my run to time my mile pace.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Check that timezones agree among all the accounts, and apps. Your phone is of course supplying the correct same time to all the apps, but once the data gets to the actual account, a wrong time zone could foul it up.

And you should be able to adjust the time on that manual entry on MFP I'd think to correct the time. I'm not sure of the effect on Fitbit though, if it would see it as a new workout at new time, or see that it's a changed workout.
    You can always delete an extra workout on Fitbit if it does.

This is until you get the time corrected.

And to point above, don't sync it to both accounts, only MFP, or only Fitbit for that matter.