5 day pouch test

Options
Beginning the 5 day pouch test to help me get in gear again with proper eating and following the rules. I also need to rid myself of carbs and sugars after the holidays and bad habits. This will hopefully jump start a weight loss of pounds gained.

Replies

• renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Technically, as sleevers, we don't have "pouches". Gastric bypass results in what is commonly referred to as a pouch.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    renovagirl wrote: »
    Technically, as sleevers, we don't have "pouches". Gastric bypass results in what is commonly referred to as a pouch.

True and this term used by sleeve patients always confuses me. But, the idea behind the test is the same for bypass and sleeve patients. It helps to reset our minds and a little bit our stomaches. It's a great back to basics tool.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yup, I get that. But to me, using that term does a disservice to Sleevers. If the intent is to get back to basics (and not too sure what this means as it's different for everyone), my personal preference is to call it just that.

(Sorry to derail this thread and good luck getting back on track spunkymist :) )
  • spunkymist
    Options
    Whatever way we think and whatever words we term things by, it is all good to me. The object is to get on track and eat better. Every comment is welcomed. This is something we all have to deal with, ups and downs of our food addictions and keeping pounds off. <3
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What's the 5-day test?