how many babies are in there?!

Options
katimama
katimama Posts: 191 Member
I had the surprise of a lifetime yesterday.

I am 8 weeks pregnant (which I've known since Christmas) with my third pregnancy. We have a 2 and 4 year old. I went in yesterday for my first ultrasound ... only to find out I wasn't having 1 baby but THREE BABIES!!! I'm scared, excited, nervous, happy ... all emotions rolled into one. My doctor told me I have been 'diagnosed' with "natural spontaneous triplets" ... crazy to hear that!! This may explain why I am 8 weeks along and have already gained 7 pounds! (5lbs came on almost over night!). I think I may back-off on my daily MFP activity for awhile as I don't want to get obsessive about my weight. I'll follow a plan my doctor will create for me to keep me and these precious babies healthy. I'm sure I'll be back to the weightloss game after the babies are born though :-)

Anyone else on here having triplets??? Or had triplets?

Replies

• mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Congrats! I have not had multiples, but would love to be so blessed! Good luck!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow, start planning now and enjoy a healthy pregnancy. :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    wow congrats, what a shock! Hope you have a easy (and healthy) pregnancy.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Three!!! Wow! I cannot even imagine it... twins is as far as my imagination can take it, and even that seems crazy. But you are clearly an experienced mother with two other children and you will be able to fall back on that! Congratulations!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Holy cats! That is amazing!! When I found out I was pregnant I actually hoped for twins (one & done!) but no such luck. I can't imagine what you're feeling!!!
    Sounds like you've got a good plan to follow your doc's advice. Staying healthy is the most important thing now, and all the weight gain is only temporary (I keep telling myself this!)
    Congrats, and please keep us posted. It's quite an amazing journey you're on =)
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I think this is just wonderful! I wish you a healthy, happy pregnancy, easy delivery and all the happiness to all 5 of your children. Holy cow, 5 kids! :D
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations!!! Not a momma of multiples but I imagine there are aome good groups on Facebook or thenest?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing! I've got a friend with triplets that were totally natural like yours, and a massive shock/surprise. They're teenagers now, 2 girls and a boy.

I don't think she gained a lot of weight as they took everything from her, and she had them at 32 weeks.

I'd imagine with 3 babies and 2 older kids you'll be pretty busy so you'll lose weight anyway. My 2 eldest were 4 and 2 when I was pregnant with no.3, and now they're 5, 3 and 8 months, and I don't stop!

Good luck to you. If you want me to ask my friend anything, just say.
  • TANNE21
    TANNE21 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congrats to you! I hope you have a wonderful experience and can't wait to hear more updates :)