Stride length - had a One, got a new Charge HR

Options
phieaglefan
phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
Hi all,
I got my new Charge HR this week and replaced my One online on the Fitbit system. Everything seemed to flow seamlessly. All my settings seemed to carry over.

My question is, do I have to re-set my stride length? I remember spending the better part of a week getting my stride perfect on the one, and would hope I don't have to do that again.

Thanks,
H

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I didn't change my stride length when I switched from the One to the Charge HR. There is no real reason to change it unless your average stride length has changed. If it is important to you, then you probably want to keep an eye on whether that changes over time. I use MapMyWalk and lately it seems to think I take longer walks than my FitBit does, even though they used to agree. I think I've just lengthened my stride.
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Nancy, Thanks for your reply. When I would walk on my treadmill with the One, it would add nearly exactly the distance the treadmill showed. I have now checked twice with the Charge HR and both instances seemed inaccurate. Yesterday, after 1.5 miles on the treadmill, the Charge shows 1.34 miles for the whole day - obviously this is in the morning.

I will do some tweaking, was just trying to avoid that.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that the Charge HR is missing steps that your One detected? I don't use a treadmill, but I could easily see how, if you're holding on to a hand rail of some kind, a wrist-worn sensor would miss steps that a pocket worn sensor wouldn't. I guess, if it were me, I'd try holding on more loosely and see if that helps, before adjusting stride length.