Silver Comet/ Chief Ladiga trail.

Options
gdjester1
gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
I'm planning on riding the whole Chief Ladiga and Silver Comet Trails in AL and GA in May. Has anyone here ever rode it? How are the elevations, the website says it mostly flat but I figure there are some hills, any tips, places to stay/camp, sites to see?

Replies

• faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have ridden it as I live close by. I recommend it! Heading west is the most common choice due to proximity to atlanta, however direction really makes no difference. Very flat heading west until just after Rockmart, then a couple very short hills & a few rollers. The Alabama trail is very similar to Ga, but you will notice differences in signage etc. let me know any questions.
  • stevenm75
    stevenm75 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have ridden the Atlanta end quite a bit out to mile 30, but would like to do the whole thing as well.
  • racingislife97
    racingislife97 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did my first solo century on the SCT on New Years Day. Approaching Cedartown from Rockmart, there's some not steep, but very persistent rollers that lead to "Surprise Hill" which despite the name, surprised the heck out of me just East of Cedartown. Also, Cedartown has a bit of a reputation, the official SCT website even suggests you carry "protection" and not loiter... At 11 am on NYD, at 34 degrees F, I didn't have a problem