Gastric Sleeve Newbie

hi all, I've just undergone surgery in the UK four days ago to have the Gastric Sleeve done, Ive finally managed to keep liquids down today 2 x slim fast shakes and 1 slim a soup, I'm looking for any tips for me or recommendations for other liquids, interested in speaking with people who have just had the procedure to share worries and tips. thanks

Replies

• I had the surgery about two weeks ago. I haven't had a problem keeping anything down. A little scary for me. I haven't really felt full or a restriction yet- but I am not hungry either so we will see how this goes. I lost 22 pounds in the first week, so you will do fine. My biggest tip is to measure everything.
  • LinaAlsibai
    LinaAlsibai Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, i am a newbie as well, just had my sleeve on Nov. 11 which is 3 days ago. the headache and gas are killing me. when i am going to stop having them????
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    just had my sleeve on Nov. 11 which is 3 days ago. the headache and gas are killing me. when i am going to stop having them????

the headache may be a reaction to the anesthesia and the gas. I didn't have the headache, but definitely gas pain, especially in my left shoulder area. the best thing to do is walk and sip, walk and sip. and this may sound kinda crude, but if you feel the need to pass gas, don't hesitate, just let it go. the walking will help work the gas out of your system. the headache should be gone by now (it's the 15th today) it may have been caused by the residual anesthesia staying your system a little longer than normal. there are a few RNs in these groups who will probably give you better info about this than I can, but I try to help when I can
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    The anesthesia side effects lasted 4-6 weeks (tiredness, shoulder and abdomen pain the first week). I had bad heartburn, burping and gas really bad for about the first 2 months, and at 3.5 months now, just some burping when full. The one thing that hasn't lessened and drives me crazy - when I get close to full or full, my nose runs like crazy!