How many calories?

Options
sweetie1975
sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
Hi Ladies, how many calories are you eating to lose weight? How much exercise are you doing and what are your stats?

Replies

• silverbeam22
    silverbeam22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm having 1300-1600 calories a day and try to pay attention to my macros!

Now that it's winter I mostly do home workouts that vary from whatever I fancy each day: yoga, pop pilates, aerobics, HIIT... When it's warm enough I go jogging and walking! I aim to exercise 4-5 days a week but recently I've been laazyy. :neutral_face: trying to motivate myself to exercise again!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    39yo
    5'9"
    33% BF
    181 pounds
    Have been lifting pretty heavy for a year. About a month ago, I shook things up a bit using the IIFYM and TDEE minus a certain % to set calories and macros. I used to have my cals set pretty low (1,460) and ate back exercise (I work out a lot). During this time, my weight wan't really moving (spent about 6 months within the same 5 pound range). After using the calculators on the IIFYM site, I am now at 1,875 and NOT eating back exercise calories. It's great! After a while pretty stalled, I am losing at a moderate pace again, which is what I want. Having been dropping 0.8 - 1.2 pounds a week, each week for a month. If you work out a lot, I really recommend this approach, especially if you know your BF% . You can get your numbers from the IIFYM site and then manually change your calorie and macro targets in MFP.
    Best wishes!
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 33 years old. I also use TDEE and IIFYM. Currently, my exercise mostly consists of heavy compound lifting 3 times a week, a short yoga routine every morning, and one or two HIIT cardio sessions a week. Before I started lifting I lost weight eating about 1800 calories a week doing tons of cario. After I started lifting (and cut my cardio way back), I lost weight eating 2100 calories a week. I'm currently focused on building muscle on a bulk with the idea that I'll go on a cut in March. Right now I'm eating 2600 calories a day and barely gaining weight.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    6ft, 39 years old, 60lbs to go, I stay under 1800 or as much as possible. I exercise very sporadically but as long as I stay under lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week.