Weekly Thread: Jan 24th to Jan 30th

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
Hey moms!

How was everyone's week? I managed to maintain, which it fine. I'm sure it was the chocolate chip cookies I bought for the kids that magically fell into my mouth which prevented and loss. Here is to a better week with not temptations down the cookie aisle.

Replies

• momofmonkeysx3
    Options
    I was down a pound! Down 7lbs total, with 63 more to go! We have a big family road trip this week to go skiing while gas is so cheap that I'm really excited about! Hopefully I'll be able to maintain or lose even on vacation. I've got healthy, homemade snacks ready to go to replace traditional road trip junk food!
  • Hischell30
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    Hey moms!

How was everyone's week? I managed to maintain, which it fine. I'm sure it was the chocolate chip cookies I bought for the kids that magically fell into my mouth which prevented and loss. Here is to a better week with not temptations down the cookie aisle.

I've also maintained but I'm not really trying yet. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things a week early, make it part of my daily routine. To get encouragement and be supportive for others as well as look for a lil for myself.

I'm being induced next Monday. Then I'll start trying to loss the extra baby weight we all tend to put on.

Have you maybe tried making a healthier version on chocolate chip cookies, add a protein powder in for a lil boost off energy to burn off the guilt of the dark chocolate instead of regular milk chocolate.

Stash them so the kiddos don't think they can help them selves. Plus it helps with the idea that we're cheating, without too much guilt. It helps me. Pintrest has some amazing recipes for healthy cookies.

This week it's going to be a good one. Remember to stay away from the kids cookies.:)
  • snaps27
    Options
    Thanks hischell30! I was told twice that I needed to be induced, but ended up not needing it. The first time I was in the hospital waiting to be inducted and started have contractions right there. I was actually lucky I was at the hospital, he can quick!

Just look after yourself after the birth and eat well so you can recover. Giving birth is stressful enough without thinking of calories. But we will be here when you're ready :)

Thanks for the tip with the cookies. I have decided to buy cookies that I don't like...the kids will take anything.

And, great job momofmonkey!!!!
  • IntoTheBlue24
    IntoTheBlue24 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just joined mfp. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs I have remaining from my 7 month old
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Meh, it was okay. Somedays I was really good and some not so much. I didn't gain any weight so I will consider that a victory! :)
  • whitneychanell
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. I'm 6 weeks PP from a csection. I was 140 pre-pregnancy, now I'm at 172 :neutral_face: I have a long way to go. I'm also breastfeeding so maintaining my milk is my priority. Please add me! I'm looking for friends on here :smile:
  • snaps27
    Options
    Great to see you guys...whitneychanell...breastfeedng really helps burn up calories so that's gonna really help you get started. My youngest is nearly 2 and I'm still close to where your at (168) :o , but I had more to loose, so hay ho, I'm getting there.

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've been a member of this board, but keep forgetting to come on here! I am 7 months PP and trying HARD to lose about 30 lbs before September of this year! I was 157 when I got pregnant, and I'm 171 now. I've lost 5.2 lbs since 12/30/14 and my goal is to lose another 5 lbs by valentines day! I weigh in on Friday, so i'll see how I've done. Hoping to make it to the gym tonight and help burn some calories!
  • Jess757
    Jess757 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    New to the group. I am a FTM with a 5 month old son. I gained 40lbs while preggo, I was 130 and ended at 170. I am 160 and would like to loss 30-40 lbs before we try for our next little one. We want them pretty close together. I am trying to eat right and am doing videos at home for the time being.
  • seamonster111
    seamonster111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    New to the group too. On week 3 of what I'm hoping will be 40 weeks (to lose 40 pounds) and I'm hanging in there. Had a little injury last week, but seems to be ok now (strained ankle). I'm trying the iFit Jillian Michaels 30 days running program and its going well. Need to work on not pouring a glass of wine for my after run soak in the tub though! Lol.
    What do some of you do when you find 1/2 hour to "yourself"?
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Also new to the group - I'm a first-time mum and exclusively breastfeeding isn't the miracle weight-loss tool some books would have you believe... Also, I'm so exhausted all the time that it's really hard to find the energy to do any planned exercise! I go to bed at night full of plans for the next day, but after being up and down with a 4.5 month old 2-3 times in the night, I start the day tired. I haven't slept longer than 4.5 hours since a few months before he was born, so last July... :(
  • seamonster111
    Options
    bexxgirl wrote: »
    Also new to the group - I'm a first-time mum and exclusively breastfeeding isn't the miracle weight-loss tool some books would have you believe... Also, I'm so exhausted all the time that it's really hard to find the energy to do any planned exercise! I go to bed at night full of plans for the next day, but after being up and down with a 4.5 month old 2-3 times in the night, I start the day tired. I haven't slept longer than 4.5 hours since a few months before he was born, so last July... :(

Hang in there bexxgirl! Breastfeed as long as you can. When you get up in the night to feed, do you talk or sing to baby? If you do, stop. I made that "mistake" with my first and we had a tough time establishing a good sleeping pattern until he was almost 11 months old. Think about it this way - you are engaging his/her brain with things he/she doesn't really need at 3 in the morning. My lactation consultant put it nicely "would you like your husband to start singing to you when you got up at 3 in the morning when you just wanted to get a drink of milk?" Best advice ever! Don't talk either ... Just give a loving kiss and put back into his/her crib when done feeding.
    So glad to see you're making plans about exercising. Put it out there. It'll happen when your body and mind are ready for it!
    When were you thinking of introducing semi-solids?
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have lost 2 lbs this week! but I am pretty sure it is about to come right back since my cycle is due soon.
  • amber5151
    amber5151 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bexxgirl wrote: »

Oh Honey I feel you!

I exclusively breastfed my youngest. My saving grace was bedsharing, I would sleep topless and just roll over and feed him and never get out of bed, it made for a much more restful night, even though I don't think he slept more than an hour and a half straight until he was about 6-8 months old.

Just remember, even if you are exhausted, its still easier than having to make a bottle in the middle of the night!

I also agree with the above advice, don't talk or turn on a light, just pop the boob out in the dark ;)

• bexxgirl
    Options
    Hi seamonster! Thank you for your tips - we've been really careful about distinguishing day from night, right since birth, so that's not a problem. Apart from the 4 month sleep regression, all his night wakings are for feeds and he just has a half-hour feed and goes straight back to sleep. So we're lucky in that way, but it's still interrupted sleep for me... I can see why they use sleep deprivation as a form of torture!

We'll be introducing solids via baby-led weaning at 6 months. At the moment it's a little 'two steps forward and one back' - he did 9.30pm until 6am without a feed last weekend (although he needed soothing back to sleep at 2am and 4am, he didn't need food). But now he's back to one night feed at 2-3am - DEFINITELY hungry. Ah well... such is life!
  • bexxgirl
    Options
    Hi Amber! Sadly (or luckily?) when I am asleep, I am TOTALLY asleep. I swear I would be highly likely to roll over and crush the little darling in his sleep... Also, we've trained him too well, and he won't sleep anywhere other than in his room in his own cot. I'm talking NOWHERE else - not the car, not the buggy, not my arms... nowhere... He just doesn't understand that it's sleep time unless he's lying in his own cot. It's quite nice 90% of the time, but I don't leave the house much...
  • bexxgirl
    Options
    I should add, I'm not planning to give up breastfeeding any time soon, in spite of the middle of the night wake-ups. He only feeds 5 times between 6am and 9.30pm, so it's not too much of a hassle. And it's FREE (financially, anyway...)!
  • seamonster111
    Options
    I hear ya! Sounds like you've got a good plan and will just need to tough out a bit of sleep deprivation from time to time. My 6 month old (tomorrow! Eek!) just had a couple nights that reminded me of the good ol' newborn days so I've been crashing at about 9 to make sure I'm rested for the next day. Last couple of nights she's getting back to her more "normal" schedule. Thankfully I'm one of these people that falls asleep easily (although I wake up at the first teeny "whine" on the monitor; unlike being able to sleep through it like I've heard so many moms can!)

What's one of the plans you had for exercising? YouTube has some simple (and sweet) baby /mommy yoga videos that could be a good start if you're into yoga (or want to get into it).
  • seamonster111
    Options
    amber7088 wrote: »
    I have lost 2 lbs this week! but I am pretty sure it is about to come right back since my cycle is due soon.

Way to go! "Cycle" weight is just water weight - stick to your gumption and you'll lose 4 pounds the week after!
  • lreaven
    lreaven Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am new to this group too. I have a 6 month old and an almost 4yo. I am nursing the baby and hoping to lose about 20 pounds more (especially before my best friend's wedding in May...).

My baby was initially a great sleeper, but for the past month has been waking every two hours at night to eat. As we introduce more solids, I am hoping he will let me sleep so I can find enough energy to exercise! Please add me as a friend. I can use all the support I can get!