P90X progress!!

Options
lopezcnl
lopezcnl Posts: 39 Member
I have to share a "small" triumph from last night!
I did p90x's leg and back workout. Now, as some of you know, I've had several surgeries on my knees and have always struggled with squats and lunges as a result of the pain caused by my knee problems. For years I've worked on building up the muscles again well enough to squat and reduce my pain overall.
Well, last night, I did my first rep of single leg squats since high school (before I messed up my knees)!!!!! This may sound like a small feat to some, but it is a HUGE moral booster for me! I've tried physical therapy, leg machines, running, a ridiculous amount of single leg raises, bands, everything to get where p90x has gotten me in three weeks! I had resigned myself to never being able to do single leg squats or anything of that sort ever again. But I DID IT!! And in a way, it feels like I'm finally beating my knee problems. And for that I'm grateful, humbled, proud, and ecstatic. I can feel myself getting stronger all the way around, and it's an amazing feeling!
So basically, the less long winded version is, ANYONE CAN DO THIS!!

Replies

• thelolliemonster
    thelolliemonster Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That is so invigorating! I did p90x the summer before I got married and was doing the one handed push-ups by the end. I NEVER would have thought my body could do that! It is incredible what we are capable of when we work hard!
  • lopezcnl
    lopezcnl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree!! It's very refreshing!
  • erink65
    erink65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    is there an easy way for us to add the disc exercises per day other than adding each "lunge" for example and going through every single workout? TIA
  • johnjlangdoniv
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • GOGO384
    GOGO384 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feel like I'm in a revolving door. I start P90x, go for almost two weeks and then crash. I keep telling myself I have to restart but its so hard. When I start all over again the same thing happens. Any advise about starting and being able to continue?
  • DiscipleForLife
    DiscipleForLife Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @GOGO384 Have you looked at P90X3? Since the DVDs are just 30 min each, it's much easier to get through. You can always do doubles if it's not enough.