Introduce Yourself! :)

heykatieben
heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
Hey yos! :) Welcome to our QS group! Please introduce yourself here. Who are you? What have you learned from your experiments? What are you currently tracking?

Hooray! :)

Replies

• Tineka15
    Tineka15 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Other than my use of MFP, I am pretty new to self-tracking but find the concept very interesting! I am hoping to use tracking my caloric intake and energy expenditure has a motivator to do better at both :)
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Hi fellow nerds. Been tracking diet, activity, sleep, weight, blood pressure for 7 weeks. Using EatSmart scale, Omron BP monitor, fitbit. Also using MFB, FitBit, Hacker's Diet Online, Tictrac, HealthVault. Kludged some spreadsheets as well to examine relationships among weight, exercise, diet, sleep and BP. BP is coming down. Sleep is problematic and has pretty immediate effect on morning blood pressure. Interested is further automating my process and developing some better visualizations. And Ebird, did I mention that I'm a birder obsessed with tracking my observations.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Hi jtm! :) Ooh man, you're doing a ton, that's so awesome. :) Congrats on the BP success!! What do you think did it?

Cool to know about Ebird, I want to check that out, too. :) I'm not a birder but more of a person who loves trying lots of new things, and it's fun to be able to identify a new bird. :)
  • Mayday981
    Mayday981 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all,

My name is Frank and I just found out about Quantified Self from this book called "The Willpower Instinct." I found this group from the Quantified Self forums. I'm still trying to understand what I want to get from tracking myself. Hopefully being in this group will help me to learn techniques and tips to achieve my nutritional and exercise goals.
  • samrijver
    samrijver Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,

Sam here. Came here via the forums. I've been pretty new to MFP but I have been tracking a whole bunch of data during my weight loss (around 100lbs). I'm now trying to get into maintenance and to keep things going I started a little mHealth/QS blog where I can keep things interesting for myself, and share about the data I gathered and how I did it. The blog got me into contact with several QS'ers and this is how I learned about MFP and the forums.

Nice to meet you all.

fat32.io