Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question for the costplay crowd

triciab79
triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
I want to go to PHX comicon this year as the female version of Thor. Now you can agree or disagree with Marvel's decision to allow Mjolnir to pass to a female but she looks bad *kitten*. I am hitting the gym hard to get rid of the giggle on my arms but part of the costume is a bit of an issue for me. That helmet is pretty unique and I have no idea how to craft anything that looks anything like it. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can pull it off?

Thor_zps9f99f9f5.png

Replies

• foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Get on therpf.com. I think there is even someone currently working on the same costume. I believe they are using a Captain America helmet as a base. Good luck :smile:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    The Captain America idea is awesome! Some of them even have those tiny starter wing things on the sides that could be used to build wings off of. Thanks!
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    From what I gather a lot of those who're doing the female thor costume are going with side pins instead of the full helm. From what I understand they're using custom made pewter molds, albeit I imagine that might be rather difficult to do on your own.

I will be honest, I have no idea how this is done. There was someone on Etsy selling them, but the listing sold some time ago. You could try contacting the seller to see if they could make more of them.

Female Thor Hair Clips

Or, alternatively you could try to use crafting foam, and a head band like this chick on youtube did:

Tutorial

Either way, I wish you luck, as it's a pretty sweet looking costume all in all.