Hi new here, but suffer from under active thyroid...

Options
Hi my name is Stacy, I'm from the West Midlands.

I'm looking to make some friends, I also suffer from under active thyroid, it's been a problem, I'm always tired and it's hard for me to lose weight with this condition. I'm getting treatment now, so hope that helps me, I have already lost 30kg and that took 2 years, I'm hoping to lose 20kg by the end of this year.

My diet plan is to eat under 1500 calories a day, I workout 3-4 times a week, I do 2-3 hours and burn between 1000-1500 calories depending on my work out routine for that day.

It's nice to meet all of you :)

Replies

• jambo27061965
    jambo27061965 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hiya Stacy that's a hard work out
  • soniee
    soniee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy, I also live in the Midlands and I have a friend who had her thyroid removed. I wonder why you workout for such a long time? No wonder you are exhausted? I would cut it down to and hour and a half and see who your energy levels are with that routine. You must be kind to yourself when you have that sort of condition. Take care
  • WillowXD
    Options
    Well with medication I feel not so tired anymore, it is a hard work out, but I'm used to it now, tbh I'm feeling the benefits, my body is more stronger, and I'm getting muscle, plus if I work out I don't think about food.
  • jamessteelapim
    jamessteelapim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy, I'm retired and been into body conditioning for expert windsurfing and mountain biking for 35years. No cardio should exceed 90 minutes in a session.
    At your age you can workout 6-7 days a week. But remember this should be a permanent lifestyle change, so do not overdo it. If you are feeling hungry between workouts try Phd Whey Protein Shakes, that you can order in 1Kg sachets from Tesco.
    Are you working on your stretching, flexibility and core strength? If not, try Pilates or Yoga, which will also give you the mental strength to achieve your goals.

If you wish to connect or ask specific questions. Feel free.

jamessteelapim
  • ais500
    ais500 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacy, sounds like hard work... I'm also trying to lose some weight. Please feel free to add me so we can encourage each other. Adam
  • rickthexpreacher
    rickthexpreacher Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Willow,
    I've an under active thyroid also but have other medical issues which don't exactly help weight loss. Feel free to add me if you like the idea of a decrepidly old cyber friend!!