Eat to Perform Questions

Options
kwoww9797
kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
I am wondering if anyone has or is doing this plan and how it works. Is it really about micros? What does the meal plan look like? Do you see results?

I enjoy their articles posted on Facebook! :)

Thanks,
Kat

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Talked about it a bit on this thread.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10026803/eat-to-perform-my-numbers#latest

I just started and like it. I am ramping up to fully implementing it because we are doing a strict Paleo challenge at the gym meeting the carb requirements would mean eating more sweet potato and banana than I can physically eat. In two weeks I will add in rice and maybe bread and see how it goes.
  • StephaniePaige1020
    StephaniePaige1020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not Paleo, but I tend to ALMOST follow the ETP plan. I watch my macros and try to keep my protein way up but also to fuel my body with carbs before and after workouts.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I have done ETP and still loosely follow it. It really is all about the macros and eating your carbs around workouts on this plan. I don't know if it works for weight loss because I have never been on that plan. There are 3 plans depending on your goals. I have only ever been on recomp. I recomped 9-10% in a year on ETP and hit a lot of PR's. That means I stayed the same weight, gained a lot of muscle and lost a lot of fat. I love it. However, I would like to lose about 10 pounds for a weight class thing for lifting and will probably need to go off it because I am not willing to do the number of control (rest) days needed for actual scale weight loss.
  • kwoww9797
    kwoww9797 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think the recomp is what I would do since I don't really NEED to lose weight, but want to lose fat.
  • Latashab30
    Options
    I just started ETP and so far I like it. It's a very supportive forum and your questions are always answered in a timely fashion. My goal is weight loss and muscle gain...but more importantly, I'm working on eating more to fuel my workouts. I just started crossfit (love it!) and while I'm pretty good at the strength components...my met-cons are horrible. I just always feel so tired. Which is definitely a sign of under eating. I think ETP is all around a good program if you truly utilize all the resources available to you. Hope this helped. Best of luck on your journey,
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Latashab30 wrote: »
    I just started ETP and so far I like it. It's a very supportive forum and your questions are always answered in a timely fashion. My goal is weight loss and muscle gain...but more importantly, I'm working on eating more to fuel my workouts. I just started crossfit (love it!) and while I'm pretty good at the strength components...my met-cons are horrible. I just always feel so tired. Which is definitely a sign of under eating. I think ETP is all around a good program if you truly utilize all the resources available to you. Hope this helped. Best of luck on your journey,

Failure on a met con is not necessarily a sign of under eating. Endurance (VO2 max) is built just like strength, through training. Stamina can be slow to come for some of us (see my other thread), but it will come.
  • Latashab30
    Latashab30 Posts: 4
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you AllanMisner. You are absolutely correct. My goal for 2015 is to work on it so that I get better.
  • abaldi0506
    abaldi0506 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you AllanMisner. You are absolutely correct. My goal for 2015 is to work on it so that I get better.

Ah - now that should be the goal for everything in life - do better this year than last :smiley:
  • AllanMisner
    Options

I’m right there with you. Using crossfit as a part of my program, I’m planning to rock 2015.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Agree. This is my year to make some permanent, positive changes in my body.
  • ashleearoha
    ashleearoha Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am doing ETP and I love it, I am gaining muscle and hitting new PRs every time.
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys .. i know that carbs are very important for performance but i tried low carb diet before and seems to be the only way for me to loose my fat at this time i was bot doing Crossfit .. i started crossfit and i stop the low carb i have not see any weight lost or fat lost has been 6mo. Is anyone here doing low carb,high protein ?? Or any site that you know an help me to understand what am i doing wrong :(
    Thanks for your help!!
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ETPers: I've read the free chapter of the Metabolic Flexibility for Fat Loss in PDF form. Are all the books written in the same style?
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Kryn_n wrote: »
    Hi Guys .. i know that carbs are very important for performance but i tried low carb diet before and seems to be the only way for me to loose my fat at this time i was bot doing Crossfit .. i started crossfit and i stop the low carb i have not see any weight lost or fat lost has been 6mo. Is anyone here doing low carb,high protein ?? Or any site that you know an help me to understand what am i doing wrong :(
    Thanks for your help!!

Hi Kryn_n,

I've been doing a low carb, high protein, moderate fat diet for the past 2 months to lean out and lose scale weight for Strongwoman. I am not currently doing CF but I do know that my performance does suffer a little bit when I am eating lower carb. I find that I absolutely have to supplement with BCAAs during every workout.

If you want, send me a friend request/PM and I can look at your diary for you if you are logging?
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Kryn_n wrote: »
    Thanks for your help!!

I have done low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet and gone through crossfit workouts. I found I have some fatigue/bonk issues. I still think it is doable, but you have to be very disciplined on your macros and the timing of those. In theory, you should be able to perform while in ketosis, but in practice, it is very hard to pull off.
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for responding me .. i'm going to be more disciplined about meals my low carb intake should be 100g and 1542 cals .. hopefully i can break the plateau and perform well .. :)