Like Minded Lushes February 2015

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy February and Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I will enjoy today but try to apply some moderation.

Go Hawks.

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    February, WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowling was so much fun on friday!!! Had 2 beers at dinner, 3 long island iced teas at the bowling alley and then 3 cocktails back at the house. We were hurting a bit saturday. We took a walk to the market and brewed. Fun day. 2 beers and 5 manhattans and were in bed by 10. We felt great yesterday morning, took another walk to the market, then I made soft pretzels, chocolate stout peanut butter cups, roasted cauliflower soup for tonight, and homemade generals tso....YUM! I am ready to explode and ready to stop being such a oinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drinker: to a new week
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I had a 0 Saturday and also on Sunday..before you congratulate me...I'm sick as a dog. Not logging or exercising either. :(
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! How can it possibly be February 2nd already?! Where did January go?!?! Hope everyone enjoyed watching the Super Bowl! I only drank ONE beer...WHAT?!

This weekend was pretty low key. Took Friday off of work and my hubby took me out to dinner for my birthday. Then my MIL came to town on Saturday and we went to hubby's cousin's house for a birthday dinner...and I took our sweet little Gemma with us and she met 7 dog cousins! Boy was yesterday a great day...so worn out!!! All in all, it was a good weekend. Hoping to get myself back to the gym this week!! I'm slackin'!

Sunday - 1 beer
    Monday - 0
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 5 beers
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Too much yesterday :neutral_face: This week is a rest week but I'm still going to pull the treadmill out and do some walking.

We're also getting hit with more snow and sleet :grumble: There will be wine later.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    DSC_0834_zps1dd50773.jpg[/URL]

:s
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Way to go, Kat! You're totally killing it!!! And that snow....oh my! :(
  • Kat120285
    Options
    bgrune131 wrote: »
    Way to go, Kat! You're totally killing it!!! And that snow....oh my! :(

I went full beast mode last week. Just got done with an hour walk, probably the bike tomorrow!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Saturday - 2 margaritas, 1 candy cane vodka hot cocoa
    Sunday - 1 bloody mary, 1 candy cane vodka hot cocoa

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    While the east coast is getting a hefty dose of winter, the Pacific NW has had a mild one. In fact, my allergies are letting me know that spring is just around the corner.

Getting into the routine again, hope to loose some weight and start moderating!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kat I can't beleive that snow. Like Gary said, things are really mild on this side of the country. Keep up the good work.

I wish I could get back into a routine again. I really need to before our Jamaica trip in May. I have some serious work to do.

two small vodkas to get some much needed sleep.

Have a lushy wonderful day.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to keep up with the lushes!

I think its so funny that they are making such a big deal over the east coast snow storm (which it is), but barely mention the Midwest. My yard looks just like yours Kat. It was crazy. My poor mom lost power for like 24 hours! Everything was closed yesterday, and I work for a University, so the extra day off was nice.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    They keep threatening major storms for the Philly area but we keep sneaking by with just minor annoyances. Yesterday my boss was concerned about what the area would be like so he told us to work from home and honestly I wouldn't have had the slightest issue getting but F it...I'll take it!!! Got a good home work out in this morning, now I am sipping on some coffee in my pjs and loving it!!!
    I got a zero last night and could really use another today but Lenny is gone for the night and since I will be home myself all day and night I just might pour myself some wine later!!!

Wolf-candy cane vodka...hmmm might have to keep an eye out for that..who makes it???

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    It is just cold here, not snow or anything. I absolutely hate driving in winter weather so if it does snow, I would hope that it happens during the weekend instead of during the week because my work would not be cancelled. LOL.

Had a 0 last night (even though there are beers in the fridge!). Even did an hour workout at the Y! Yay me! Tonight I plan another 0, but I'm going out to dinner with a friend and then have to stop by the store since we are kind of bare on food in the fridge. No gym for me tonight...but that is ok! :)
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sat-0
    Sun-0
    Mon-0
    Another 0 tonight. Yeah...I'm that sick. At least the scale seems to be giving me credit for all this misery.
    75 and sunny here. The husband is in Park City and he said the snow is terrible. The west coast really needs rain/snow desperately.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Booze has begun.... I was having lunch and decided a mead would go well and I am almost done my work so....

Could end up being a LUSHY yet early evening!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I've been being pretty consistent and having about 2 glasses of wine a night. I say I'll not drink, and then Eric cracks a beer, and there's been wine on the counter everyday and so I open it/pour it. But it seems after about 2-3 glasses, I get a headache and fall asleep on the couch. Then wake up to go to bed and am up for a while. So just moderating for now. Maybe I should try some liquor; pretty much been sticking to red wine. Otherwise we're all doing well. I'm almost 3 weeks out from surgery and feeling better but still sore. Langston is a great baby and his sister seems to adore him. :heart:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey all. I've been being pretty consistent and having about 2 glasses of wine a night. I say I'll not drink, and then Eric cracks a beer, and there's been wine on the counter everyday and so I open it/pour it. But it seems after about 2-3 glasses, I get a headache and fall asleep on the couch. Then wake up to go to bed and am up for a while. So just moderating for now. Maybe I should try some liquor; pretty much been sticking to red wine. Otherwise we're all doing well. I'm almost 3 weeks out from surgery and feeling better but still sore. Langston is a great baby and his sister seems to adore him. :heart:

Great news about the babies and your recovery!!!!! He is so beautiful!!!!
    I find liquor a lot goes down so much easier and is a lot hard to stop!!!!!!!! Good luck with finding your groove!! xo
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Yeah I forgot how much of a work out shoveling snow was. I just shoveled a path through a snow bank that was taller than me :s in addition to cleaning up the driveway, shoveling our walkway and clearing out in front of the mailbox so the mail truck can get to our box.

It's more of a big deal for places like NY because they have nowhere to put the snow, they have to have trucks drive it out of the city. We just have huge snow banks and if they get too big the town will cut them down and bring the snow somewhere else.

I still have my bike ride and housework to do too, so much for a rest week, haha. Oh well, I'm so determined to lose this weight and fit back into my fun clothes. I've still been having my wine because, well, it's winter and there is a lot of snow so that calls for wine, haha. However, I've been really good with food and portion so I figure it balances.

Ok, time to get stuff done so I can sit my sore, tired body on the couch and have some wine :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Good lord Kat, that sounds terrible! Last year was like that for us, it never seemed to end!!! Good luck!!!

Monady-0
    Tuesday-3 very strong beers and way over cals!!!
    Wednesday-0