Fitbit One vs Charge

Options
kats0208
kats0208 Posts: 25 Member
Hi,
I've currently got the Fitbit One, which I've been using for a long time. I upgraded from the Ultra. I was wondering about the Fitbit Charge, and how it differs with the step counting to the One, as I was thinking about upgrading again (as I can get one for free through my university - score!)

Has anyone had experience with both? As I think that with it being on the wrist it wouldn't count steps as well?

Please share your experiences below! Thank you :) I also don't mind being added as a friend so if you want to, feel free! Thank you!

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I loved my One, but wanted a heart rate monitor without messing with wet chest bands. I am really liking the Charge HR so far. It is hard to get on and off for showers, but that also means it won't fall off. We got caught in a drenching downpour this week, and it didn't seem to bother it.i don't use the caller id, as it makes my phone go into Automobile Mode whenever our bluetooth-equipped car is in range. . I appreciate the buzz buzz buzz it makes when I reach my step goal. Did not expect that. It has to be recharged much more often than the One.
  • kats0208
    Options
    Thank you! With regards to the step logging, how does it keep up? Is it accurate? That's the main thing I'm worried about!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend the charge / flex.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    As for steps, it is as accurate as the One. I wore both the first few days to compare, and they are close to what my phone shows. With the Charge, since it's on your wrist, you cannot hold onto the bar on an exercise machine, or have your hand on the shopping cart handle if you want it to measure steps. Discovered the latter by chance after checking steps following a very long grocery shopping trip while wearing the phone. :-)
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    How would this compare when taking part in a spin (group cycle) class? At the moment I move the fitbit one to my ankle and the rotations clock as steps
  • kats0208
    Options
    Oh thanks guys! That's the main thing! Also does the HR monitor make a big difference? I can get the normal charge through my uni but not the HR - if it makes a massive difference I'll get it and see if I can sell it so I can buy the HR!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    kats0208 wrote: »
    Oh thanks guys! That's the main thing! Also does the HR monitor make a big difference? I can get the normal charge through my uni but not the HR - if it makes a massive difference I'll get it and see if I can sell it so I can buy the HR!

For me the HR monitor is a fun toy but I'm not sure it is providing any essential data. It does seem accurate for me (yesterday I did a workout using a chest strap monitor and my HR and the average HR differed by only 1 BPM). The daily calorie expenditure reported to MFP by FitBit seems about the same as it was with my One.