How to position band Charge HR

Options
newtrx
newtrx Posts: 8 Member
I read that you should loosen the band and push up farther on your wrist when working out. I can't really tell any difference but today (when I hadn't loosened the band) I noticed blanks (--) where my heart rate should be. It was a strength training workout so do not think this is b/c heart rate was too high or even fluctuating that much. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Replies

• dontsweat
    dontsweat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's so many bad reviews out there about the Charge HR and it's inability to accurately monitor the heart rate during exercise. Same with the Surge. It's all going to be hit or miss unless you manage to find your sweet spot, get the proper tightness and don't sweat or move the band. I've heard loose band, tight band, up on the arm and normal around the wrist so there doesn't seem to be a general concensus on it. My advice would be return the HR, get a base model Charge (which is awesome and gets 10+ days per battery charge) and if you desperately want/need a HR monitor then get a Bluetooth chest strap and sync it to your phone.

The technology for wrist based HR just isn't good enough yet to warrant the purchase of one.
  • MirandaB24
    MirandaB24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just move mine up on the wrist, and make sure it is a little snug, and I have not had any problems. Its always a beat or two from the HRM on the machines.
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I flip mine around so that the HR monitor is facing the inside of my wrist. In fact, I just wear it this way much of the time and it seems to do fine for me.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've worn mine both on the inside of my wrist and the outside. I wear it about two fingers up from my wrist (if I bend my hand backwards). When I wear it inside my wrist, I just make it somewhat snug up my wrist, probably about 2 fingers up. It's a little higher than the suggested location, but it gets a pretty steady reading and doesn't irritate my wrist and movements. Oh, and I don't move my band when I work out. It stays where it is.
  • larncy
    larncy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I put mine inside my wrist too and whenever someone checks ur pulse they use that so I figured it would be the best place for the sensor...I keep it there pretty much all the time unless I'm going out and don't want the strap facing out but as stated above it's prob a little diff for each person...trial and error til u find the right spot!