Day 24: 2/3/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Good morning!

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I did! I hit my goals for the day and tried to stay warm during the storm. Unfortunately, since I took yesterday off, I had to get an early start today to make up for it at work. And by early, I mean I got up at 4:30am this morning to get to the office by 6am. I had to prep for the training I'm teaching for the next two days. It's going to be a long day.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. Yoga & strength

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Had an off day yesterday, was exhausted so took the day off from exercise, relaxed after work and an early night. Today I am more rested and ready to pick up again. Before work I completed the final day of my 30 Day crunch challenge, 150 crunches, Day 10 - 10 burpees (to get ready for the upcoming obstacle course race season), and a light leg workout. Have my hour fitness class tonight. So should make my steps, eat well, and have a good day. Looking forward to the end of this month when T4 are done and out the door.
    Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    It's another beautiful day in my corner of the world :) it's sunny!!!!!!
    Yesterday was family sledding time:) we had a blast climbing hills and zooming down them fast in our orange sled. Calories were great, water and protein were awesome!
    Today I'm excited to work on my pull-ups program along with some other awesome moves and a walk later. The day I will master the pull-ups I will shout it everywhere from the top of my lungs :)) it will take time and some pain but in my mind it will work out beautifully. One of my biggest conviction is that appearance is a consequence of fitness. If the physical conditioning is top notch there is no way your body isn't looking great :)
    Have a fabulous day everyone!! Dare to make a crazy goal for yourselves, break it down to small pieces and start building!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Off to outlet mall with Mrs.; Freezing outside - but the sun is out!

Started with burning 345 calories doing 60 minutes of walking; then a small breakfast: 106 calories less 345 exercise; negative (-) 239 going into lunch. I'll use those later :)

BREAKFAST was Pear (U S D A) - Green Anjou, Raw, 25 g; Homemade - Cooked Spaghetti Squash No Salt 1 oz., Fresh Blueberries 1 oz (Usda); Fresh Raspberries, 1 oz; Egg Busters, 1/4 cup; Jones Dairy Farm - Canadian Bacon, 1 slice

20150203_091620%20cal_zpsaehqy8zn.jpg

TODAYS THOUGHT:

“You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.” - Ruth E. Renkl
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Today is another nice day here.

Goals:
    1. No junk food
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. No nervous eating (my nana is having a heart procedure today)
    4. 3 mile walk or 45 minutes of baseball
    5. Stay under calories
    6. Drink water!

Wow, that is a lot of goals but here's to tackling the day!
  • DMast1
    DMast1 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Been sick with strep for almost a week, so getting some much needed lifting in today.
    1. Lean protein in every meal
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. No alcohol
    4. Lift/ heavybag

Stay healthy and work hard today
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Follow-up: Big lunch and still in the negative calories – I do love these kind of days – guess I’ll have no choice but to snack a little extra tonight when watching “Person of Interest” LOL

20150203_144550_LUNCH%20Haddock_2_zpsib2affmf.jpg
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Follow-up: Big lunch and still in the negative calories – I do love these kind of days – guess I’ll have no choice but to snack a little extra tonight when watching “Person of Interest” LOL

20150203_144550_LUNCH%20Haddock_2_zpsib2affmf.jpg

Your meals always look delicious!!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    NikonPal I'm coming over right now! Please tell me how you cooked that salmon. I can cook pretty much anything but salmon. I always mess it up and prefer to buy frozen since spoiling fresh salmon is way to luxurious for me:)
  • NikonPal
    Options
    NikonPal I'm coming over right now! Please tell me how you cooked that salmon. I can cook pretty much anything but salmon. I always mess it up and prefer to buy frozen since spoiling fresh salmon is way to luxurious for me:)

It would be my pleasure - except - I have never made salmon :) -- this was Wild Caught Skinless Haddock Boneless Fillet (my cheaper alternative to the the halibut I love)...The coloring is from a mix of Tuscan seasoning and a little paprika.

You made my day!

• danelutza19
    Options
    Oh NikonPal you're so awesome!!!
    What is your special cooking technique for fish ?
    Please be as detailed as possible :)
    I was being nice when I complained about salmon, truth is I don't know how to cook any fish or seafood :(
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Oh NikonPal you're so awesome!!!
    What is your special cooking technique for fish ?
    Please be as detailed as possible :)
    I was being nice when I complained about salmon, truth is I don't know how to cook any fish or seafood :(

Not sure you’ll like this – my entire focus when making this up was on reducing calories (letting me use them elsewhere).

I use Olivio (few sprays) as a replacement for rubbing fish with olive oil. I then sprinkle a small amount (less than a ¼ tsp) of Tuscan seasoning on it. The brand I use lists the ingredients as: (Salt, Mustard Flour, Turbinado Sugar, Black Pepper, Allspice, Chili Pepper, Coriander, Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper, Nutmeg, Fenugreek, Cardamom, not more than 2% Silicon Dioxide added to prevent caking.) [Only 5 calories for ¼ tsp).

I also sprinkle a bit of paprika for slight pepper taste and more importantly for me – color. Obviously you can select any kind of seasoning that includes spices you like or make your own from scratch. (Basil, parsley, thyme, oregano etc can also go well with fish). I then let the fish set for a few minutes to absorb the flavor.

I use a few sprays of Olivio to coat the pan and add a small amount of water mixed with lemon juice (again to avoid oil and prevent sticking). Place fish skin-side down. I then cook at high for about 5 minutes then turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. I’ll squeeze a lemon wedge on top and then pair with a side-dish. That’s something else to think about – if your side dish has a lot of seasoning you won’t want to over-power the fish.

Once in a while, I like a dab of ketchup. I use Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup – it has 75% less sugar and one-third the calories.

Just play and have fun.

Speaking of fish – you might like this article: "Fresh" May Not Be What It Seems” They also have a lot of recipes under the fish cooking tab. :)

http://fishcooking.about.com/od/howtochoosefreshfish/a/buy_frozen_fish.htm

• danelutza19
    Options
    NikonPal you just made my day!
    That link was precious!!! I'm buying fish this weekend :) I will try to find the same one you cooked and also the seasoning!!! Can't thank you enough!
  • danelutza19
    Options
    Oh yes, the kind of fish I got last time was individually wrapped and sealed. So relieved to hear good things about properly frozen fish.
    I did forget to thank you for the other article link you posted: ever since I read it, I always type USDA next to item I'm searching for. Ever since I started doing that, my iron levels have suddenly got better :)
    Just goes to show we can all profit from extra knowledge!