What does it feel like when you eat too much?

Options
Nerdinista
Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
Or maybe too quickly/too big bites? I was banded almost a year ago, had a fill a little more than a month ago (I think I'm at about 5 or 6 cc's) and lately almost every time I eat I get this weird, painful gas feeling in my esophagus. Like there's air trying to come up and food trying to go down and they fight it out in the middle. And my mouth gets all watery and I'm in general agony. It doesn't last long, but even when I try to slow down, take much smaller bites and chew more thoroughly I struggle. I wonder if this is normal or I should call the doctor. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Replies

• lhammond5
    lhammond5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Or maybe too quickly/too big bites? I was banded almost a year ago, had a fill a little more than a month ago (I think I'm at about 5 or 6 cc's) and lately almost every time I eat I get this weird, painful gas feeling in my esophagus. Like there's air trying to come up and food trying to go down and they fight it out in the middle. And my mouth gets all watery and I'm in general agony. It doesn't last long, but even when I try to slow down, take much smaller bites and chew more thoroughly I struggle. I wonder if this is normal or I should call the doctor. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

I don't know what is going on, but I would call the doctor.
  • kileybug34
    Options
    Mine does this when I get stuck. It is your stomachs way of saying the food you just ate isn't small enough to go through to your lower stomach.
  • amberfeary
    amberfeary Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might be too tight. the watery sensation you are experiencing is your throat coating its self to prepare for your food to come back up. Its called slimming in LB talk. Its pretty much lubrication to help the food come up with out damaging your throat. Picture a snake ingesting a big rabbit... that's whats happening in your throat. That rabbit is trying to go through and your throat is trying to push it down, but it's too tight so it trys to push it back up, your reaction is to swallow again to get it down, so it trys to go down again, but has no where to go, so it trys to go back up again... Best is to get a small infill... like .03.