body beast

Options
Ne one doing body beast? I'm on my second week. Day 7. Going into week 3!!!

Replies

• sdarmock
    sdarmock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday. Went out today and picked up a ball and extra weights so will start tomorrow. How do you like it? Having trouble wrapping my mind around eating over 2400 cal when I'm used to 1400 ( and I don't hit that mark..I'm always at a deficit) Any tips?
  • zphib100
    zphib100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I ordered it and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I can't wait. Any surprises we should be aware of?
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing week 2 of the Bulk phase (lean version) and love it. The cals can be hard to reach some days, especially when you need so much protein.

Feel free to add me if you like, I have some friends "Beasting" too, both guys and gals.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I just started the second round (finished 3 months in Jan) This round I am adding T25...BB didn't have enough cardio for me...but I love the weight training.
  • adamwsmith1981
    Options
    I started Bulk Phase on Sunday. I've lost 17 pounds in the first few weeks! I am gaining some serious strength back after years of being fat and lazy. I love it. Feel free to add me as a friend and let's get Beastie!
  • choosen01
    Options
    Just ordered mine. Hope to get lean soon. Any thing I should know?
  • cdlee05
    Options
    ^ Make sure you've got a good set of dumbells. I've gotten by fine without a curl bar but using those dumbells that change sizes would be awful. You just want to be able to grab the next weight quickly and get going. Sagi is pretty funny and i'll probably be doing two rounds to try and maximize results.
  • jameysullivan132
    Options
    Day 65 of Body Beast for me!! Loving the results I'm seeing!! Already planning to do it again!
  • tttrobertson
    Options
    Been doing body beast about 2 weeks now. My body feels crushed.
  • sdarmock
    sdarmock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting week 3 today, absolutely loving this!!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    ^ Make sure you've got a good set of dumbells. I've gotten by fine without a curl bar but using those dumbells that change sizes would be awful. You just want to be able to grab the next weight quickly and get going. Sagi is pretty funny and i'll probably be doing two rounds to try and maximize results.

because of limited space, I am using adjustable weights (REEBOX) and don't have any trouble at all making the changes. I think if one would try using the BowFlex brand it would be a bit harder - because they take a bit more time to make the change. BUT if you already have the BowFlex brand, you can always push "pause" while you make the adjustment :)

• AmyM0424
    AmyM0424 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Bulk phase. Week 2 Day 7. I complete my workout in the gym. I use the phone app that comes with the program. It works like a dream. Im able to track my weight and see how heavy I was the previous week. I love the results I see and the strength gains I'm getting.
  • cdlee05
    Options
    Coming back to this thread. Officially have 3 weeks left. Absolutely loving the results I'm seeing. I'm planning on doing Round 2 first week of April but instead of adding more calories I'm going to do the second round with less cals so I can try to lean out more.
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Is anyone doing this programme without the recommended supplements? I'm planning starting this after I finish Insanity next week.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Lorraine128, what are your thoughts on Insanity? I am thinking about doing Insanity Max30 starting in 3 weeks which I finish Jillian Michalels body revolution which I've had some good results from but am unsure about what to do next. Could do something like Body Beast or P90X3, straight gym weight training or Insanity on its own, not sure what to do!
  • Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    JAT74 wrote: »
    Lorraine128, what are your thoughts on Insanity? I am thinking about doing Insanity Max30 starting in 3 weeks which I finish Jillian Michalels body revolution which I've had some good results from but am unsure about what to do next. Could do something like Body Beast or P90X3, straight gym weight training or Insanity on its own, not sure what to do!

Hi, I've really enjoyed Insanity for the most part. I love cardio workouts and I found it has really boosted my leg strength and overall endurance. The only downside is the length of the month 2 Max workouts. These would be fine if you're not doing much else fitness wise I feel. However I like running and have had to cut back mileage in month two as my legs were so fatigued on several days.
    I haven't done Insanity Max 30 but the shorter workouts are appealing.

I think I'm going to do Body Beast combined with running next. I feel I need to be incorporating some strength training now. Insanity showed me my lower body strength was seriously lacking!

• cdlee05
    Options
    "I think I'm going to do Body Beast combined with running next. I feel I need to be incorporating some strength training now. Insanity showed me my lower body strength was seriously lacking"

Now that the weather is finally warming up, I've started adding some runs in addition to Body Beast too.
  • elazaga19
    Options
    I'm just starting Body Beast but will combine it with cycling.
  • lazieats
    lazieats Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just got my program in the mail and read The Book of Beast, cover to cover, last night.

Here's my concern: I'm a pescetarian (the only meat I eat is seafood). I'm also lactose-intolerant so I rarely ever take in dairy. Getting enough protein isn't my issue, it's the kinds of protein that are on the list that is a little hard to match up. Does anyone have any insight on or experience with this? Sagi doesn't support eating soy-based foods, but my soy lunchmeat still has 15 grams of protein per 5 slices. Do you think I can just make the substitution? Clearly it'll be my body that tells me, definitively, but I was just wondering if anyone out there has experience with this. I'll be upping my calorie count so terrifyingly high that I want to make damn sure I'm getting the right kind, ya know? TIA! :smile:
  • Drakonblade
    Options
    Ne one doing body beast? I'm on my second week. Day 7. Going into week 3!!!

I'm in the middle of week #2
    Lovebitvso far