Dragon Age: Keep?

Options
sofaking6
sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
Is anyone else using this? I'm just in the process of signing up right now. The guy at Gamestop told me about it but I'm not 100% sure of the point. Watching 'my movie' crashed IE lol.

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it. When I play through again I might.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I picked it up last night (shout out to the manager at GameStop - refunded 100% of my DA:O purchase because I couldn't use the DLC disk, even though I told them I played the game through) and am right now in the process of cancelling tonight's plans so I can boot it up. I'll let you know if I feel like the Keep stuff is cool.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I found the Keep to be done quite well, and it doubled as a nice refresher on things that happened (or didn't happen) during the course of my earlier playthroughs. I wouldn't say that it's needed, but it's kind of cool, both functionally and visually.
  • abrazil65
    Options
    Definitely do the keep! A lil bit time consuming but worth it if ya wanna get the full package of DA:I!
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Since I played through both games MANY MANY times, I don't bother with 'watch the movie' aspect of the Keep. But I've used it to set up each worldstate I want to import into a new DA:I playthrough. Love that it makes it so easy to do those choices that I would never take in game.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The keep is important if you want Inquisition to play out around your previous choices in DAO, and DA2.

• sofaking6
    Options
    The keep is important if you want Inquisition to play out around your previous choices in DAO, and DA2.

I set it up as per my actual play the first time, but since my Champion committed honorable suicide I might just change that up and play again.

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I will do it on my second playthrough just to change up the cut scenes. I'm still not sure how the Mage ended up heading the Chantry in my first playthrough. Everything pointed towards Cassandra and I'd supported her and not Leiliana
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed using the Keep, though it is confusing at times. On my first play through of DA:I, I had it set to what happened with my first DA:O and DA2 characters. On my second time through DA:I, I've switched it over to the second characters of those other games. It is nice that my DA:O hero is alive this time around Leliana is happier. :D
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I will do it on my second playthrough just to change up the cut scenes. I'm still not sure how the Mage ended up heading the Chantry in my first playthrough. Everything pointed towards Cassandra and I'd supported her and not Leiliana

Reading on some of the Bioware forums, I get the impression how you discuss the Chantry with other players throughout the game has the biggest influence on who becomes your Divine. If you espouse views similar to how Vivienne sees things, even if you don't openly support her, she still becomes Divine. I ended up with Cassandra, which is what I wanted (not a hardened Leliana!). Going to see if I can soften Leliana on my second go round and get her as Divine.