Weekly Thread: Feb 1st to 7th

Options
snaps27
snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
How's everyone doing? Just figured out the batteries in my scale are wearing out. Now I'm scared to see what it will read when I get the new ones in :o.

Replies

• catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi snaps27! Not very pleased with myself this week. First ds was sick, then dd and I think it's my turn now... Not much chance to get out and away from food, and with all the sickness, I've been doing ready meals and quick food, neither nourishing nor healthy. I'm averaging around 2500 to 3000 a day, and haven't managed a whole fast day. Got to 4pm on Friday, then ate a chocolate cake (1500 c in one fell sweep) :\
  • gwynne79
    gwynne79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    catchyb wrote: »
    Got to 4pm on Friday, then ate a chocolate cake (1500 c in one fell sweep) :\

Lmao, i have had that day!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I just joined this group. My DD will be 5 months old next week, and instead of continuing to lose weight as time goes on, I'm actually up about 8 lbs from my low post-pregnancy weight. So today I came back to MFP. Once upon a time I was really successful on here...let's home I can do it again!
  • snaps27
    Options
    catchyb wrote: »
    Hi snaps27! Not very pleased with myself this week. First ds was sick, then dd and I think it's my turn now... Not much chance to get out and away from food, and with all the sickness, I've been doing ready meals and quick food, neither nourishing nor healthy. I'm averaging around 2500 to 3000 a day, and haven't managed a whole fast day. Got to 4pm on Friday, then ate a chocolate cake (1500 c in one fell sweep) :\

Hey...don't feel bad! I'm fasting today, but yesterday...oh no I'm so ashamed!...I ate a whole bag of Doritos, Pepsi and I bag of peanut M&M's :neutral_face: (not good). Todays fast is just to compensate for being really bad yesterday! I'm going to try and do another fast on Thursday...hoping for the best...Oh and did I mention I ate pizza on Sunday too :blush:
  • jeanniebean79
    jeanniebean79 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I was excited to find a group of moms offering support it one another. I just had my second child a little boy 3 weeks ago. I also have a 6 year old daughter. Prior to getting pregnant I lost 50 lbs. I don't want to go back to where I was and am hoping to get back the motivation I had pre baby boy. Mt pre pregnancy weight was 206lbs and today I am 215. My ultimate goal is to be 150 but most importantly I want to be the fit and healthy mom my kiddos deserve.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Last week I was on point, got derailed over the weekend and I am finding it hard to get back on track! I've been so good today so far, same yesterday until I got home and munched while cooking dinner! Trying to drink lots of water to fill me up before I go home!
  • momofmonkeysx3
    Options
    Down more than a pound for 8.8 lbs total loss, even on vacation last week! Granted, starting vacation by catching my youngest's stomach bug at the end of a 700 mile drive to our destination "helped." Though after a day spent recovering, I played in the snow, skied, and swam as much as humanly possible! And I enjoyed vacation food without guilt thanks to limiting portions and snacking (at least once anything more than crackers was doable). I don't recommend the sick on the side of the road diet plan, but I'm so glad most of our trip was a success, and I didn't derail my progress!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Starting off pretty good, but we ordered out last night for work so I got pad Thai. Managed to fit it in and will just shift over lunch to tonight and take the left pets home to hubby.

I can't wait to get off night shift- just two more weeks. Last week when I went to work my 3yo cried and told me I was in time out so no work.
  • mommabunz
    mommabunz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all! New to the group as of 2 minutes ago. Mom to Chromo Cutie Kaelyn age 4 (nearly 5) and NT child Aria, age 2. Can't say its super easy with Kaelyn's challenges (speech delay and meltdowns due to lack of ability to tell us what she needs) and that has led to stress eating from time to time (and by that I mean quite a bit) but After stepping on the scale i realize i need to lose some weight. as in a substantial amount. Hoping to find some support in this group!
  • devoslosingit
    devoslosingit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Having a stressful day. But i'm proud i kept my eating under control. I ate almost everything under the numbers. Had two glasses of water (which is hige for me) and only one 1/2 cup of soda. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better!
  • jenwardy
    jenwardy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi all, newbie here. I've a daughter who's 2.5 yrs and a son who's just 3 months. I have lost 13lbs since 5th January and going strong. I have a holiday booked in June and need to shift the flab before exposing my bikini body! I hope to find friends i can chat to here, to save me drifting into the kitchen for a chocolate biscuit x
  • catchyb
    Options
    So I weighed myself. I've been putting it off because I didn't know whether this 5:2 thing would work, specially with my loose-ish adaptation of it. I've been doing this for 5 weeks now, thanks to my 2 fast days, I'm eating an average of 4500 calories a week under my weekly goal of 12600 (1200 per day!) though I'm not sure how the 400c "cardio" breastfeeding works into the equation. I suspect my weekly goal may really be 15400, in which case I'm averaging about 1600c a day. Still not bad! I've lost the grand total of 1kg in 5 weeks. 2.2lbs. 6 kegs to go until I reach pre-baby weight. 30 weeks? September? Not as fast as I'd planned, I was hoping for June... Still, bearing in mind how badly I eat 5 days a week, it's really pretty good. I think I'll give it another 5 weeks and see what happens. Lents coming soon, if I can get all the chocolate out of the house I might be able to drop an extra couple of thousand calories a week!
  • snaps27
    Options
    @catchyb - I know that that does not seem like much, but really you have done amazingly! What are your maintenance calories on you non-fast days? For instance mine is 1700 per day equalling 8,500 for 5 days and then adding the two fast days that's a total of 9,500 for 7 days. (1200 per day on non-fast days is too little...especially with breastfeeding) I may seem strange but you may need to eat more to loose more.
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hi im both new to mfp and groups im a mom of 7 boys with ages from 21 to 10 month old twins i have had 6 csesctions i just ordered insanity yesterday cant wait for it to arrive hoping im gonna have time to do them i dont have family to help with support or motivation except for the hubs my goal is to lose bout 35 lbs by the end of summer..
  • Jess757
    Jess757 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last week I lost 3 pounds, then over the weekend gained it all back because of bad choices. This week I lost the same 3lbs. again. Hoping the upcoming week I can stay on track and loss a few more.
  • catchyb
    Options
    Hi snaps, thank you for the encouragement. I go from being pleased that it's better than nothing to disappointed because I expected more - I think that's why I was afraid to look, I'd been hoping for something big but knew from all my eating that it wasn't going to happen :)
    -
    I'm not really sure how the calculations work here. I've been logging anywhere from 2,100 to 2,800 on non fast days, average seems to be around 2500. The app seems to subtract the breastfeeding from that to bring me in not to far from my theoretical goal of 1800 per day. But then yesterday I must have clicked on something and it reset my goal to 1450 a day, so now none of my calculations make sense - I've never had much of a head for maths...