How often does fitbit send info?

Options
My question is I did a workout in the morning I get to work where my doggle is and I see my Fitbit dashboard shows all the info. I then login my breakfast on MFP and see that the exercise has not been logged. How often does it update? The FAQ says when it syncs with the fitbit dashboard.
Is there a way to force a sync

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    From Fitbit you will only see a calorie adjustment in the exercise diary. I don't know how often it updates, but it usually seems to update the adjustment within a few minutes of my last sync.
  • ThomLarsen
    ThomLarsen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I see on fitbit it says i burned 185 calories in the morning workout but it now says on MFP i burned 7 calories
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    ThomLarsen wrote: »
    I see on fitbit it says i burned 185 calories in the morning workout but it now says on MFP i burned 7 calories

That means that your full day estimated burn from Fitbit is only going to be 7 calories more than what MFP estimates. It can change as you sync throughout the day. If you click the "i" next to your Fitbit Calorie Adjustment, a pop up will open showing you why you are only getting 7 calories. It will look something like this:

f17twcczy5zv.jpg

• ThomLarsen
    ThomLarsen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok i kinda understand.
    Now it shows this it keeps gooing down i the calories burned
    tvyfcrvqfndj.png
    fit.PNG 18.7K
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I just got mine today and I cannot wait to really start using this thing to it's full capabilities. I am so excited. Who knew exercise and try to get fit would be fun? Makes me wanna walk just for the heck of it. Wish I had more room to walk around in the office.
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You can force a sync by in the app clicking on more and then at the bottom of the page clicking on sync
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I don't use the apps, my info syncs from Fitbit over to MFP in seconds after sync or update to Fitbit data.
    Otherwise it syncs when Fitbit increases daily burn by 100 calories, which is slightly over an hour for me and my resting metabolism.
    I have Fitbit set to Sedentary instead of Personalized. So it has an assumed slow hourly burn rate unless I sync my device with different info.