Introductions

Options
infinikitty
infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
Tell a little about you - name, age, where you're from, what program/plan you're doing, goals (short-term & long-term) and what your biggest struggle is! And feel free to add anything else you'd like to share!

Replies

• infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm Cat, 33, from northern Virginia (originally western NY). I'm currently working on Les Mills Combat and will be done at the end of February. Then I will be starting the 21 Day Fix Extreme! Eeep! A short term goal is to reach 50 pounds of weight loss by my one year weight loss anniversary (Feb 24). A long term goal is to reach 150 pounds - I'm currently at 167.6. My biggest struggles are remembering to drink enough water and getting enough sleep.
  • bwbilliejo1975
    Options
    I'm Billie Jo, 39, from "middle of nowhere" Kentucky. I joined MFP 3 years ago and did really well and then I fell off the wagon and gained all the weight back plus a few pounds. After the first of the year I decided it was time to lose some weight, I was 204.6 pounds. I lost a couple of pounds on my own and then decided to return to MFP on January 19th. Since I've been back I have lost almost 6 pounds. I'm hoping to get down to 140 so I can wear my favorite pair of jeans again. I'm starting Beachbody P90 on Monday and I'm super excited. The hardest thing for me is not snacking. I only work about 10 hours a week and I don't have any children so I am home A LOT and it's hard not to get bored and snack.
  • rin080382
    rin080382 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My name is Erin, I am from Saskatchewan, Canada. Flat, chilly, snowy prairie ;). I am a 32 year old wife, mom and step-mom. I am currently just finishing up the last week of Alpha T25 and then moving on to month 2. Next I am either going to do Insanity or 30 Day Shred, then Insanity. I am down 23 lbs since November (was at 219), but started focusing and tracking in January. I am working on getting to 175 right now. Then my ultimate gaol is 150, but it may end up a higher number depending on toning and muscle build as the scale doesn't rule all! I have a hard time with willpower when others around me are indulging.
  • ekafont
    ekafont Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My name is Beth and I live in Columbia, SC. I'm originally from Michigan but escaped the snow. In November I did the 21 day fix with Shakeology and lost 10 pounds. I have lost another 5 pounds since then but want to do another 21 day fix to get serious about losing more weight. I am currently at 173 pounds and want to get down to 150.
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm Emily :) 22, I'm a med student in leeds UK. I lose 22 lbs a couple of years ago and am determined to lose the last few more to get to my original goal! I'm currently 135lb and hoping to hit 126lbs.
    Currently i'm having smoothies, shakes or salads for breakfast and lunch with healthy veg stick or cheese and rye crisp snacks. I finish the day with a healthy dinner :) I aim for 1250 calories on non exercising days and 1450 when I go to the gym.
    I'm going to the gym 3-4 times per week and burning about 400 calories on elliptical and step machine, also doing strength training to strengthen muscles and tone up a bit :)
    I struggle with not drinking enough water, and not snacking when I'm bored!
    Em xxx
  • kyleleslie83
    kyleleslie83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Kyle and I am a 31 year old Mom of 2 (kids are ages 3 and 5) and wife of a pretty awesome husband :) I am from and live in Western NY. I have also lived in NYC, East Texas, and Coastal North Carolina. I am in Month 2 of P90X. This is my 3rd round of P90X, and I absolutely love it. However, I think after I complete this round, I will be ready for a different program just to change things up. Thinking about T25 so that I can sleep in a little longer! Right now, I get up at 4:30 AM every morning and I would love an extra half hour of sleep :) I have lost 10 lbs over the last year, and am much happier with how I look. I went from 125 to 115. My ideal weight is 110 (5'2" height) but I have decided I won't kill myself to get there. I have a lot of muscle, so if I stay at 115, that's cool too. My focus now is less about losing weight and more about changing body composition. In terms of eating, I have shifted into maintenance mode which has been a struggle for me mentally. Adding calories to my day makes me feel as though I will gain the weight back, even though I know mathematically I should stay the same, its hard to go from one mind set to another. I also struggle with sugar and beating myself up if I go overboard on occasion.
    Glad to be a part of the group! Here's to supporting each other and to life-long success!