Weight discrepancies on Fitbit dashboard

Options
hep275
hep275 Posts: 10 Member
I am regularly tracking my weight on Fitbit but I have noticed that despite me entering my weight in stones and lbs when I view the graph showing my progress, my weight appears differently - for example at my last weight in I was 14 stone 5lbs, the previous week I was 14 stone 7 lbs, but my graph shows the weight as 14.3 and 14.5 and on the 'weight tile' it shows my starting weight at 15stone 1.9 lbs despite me having entered it as 15stone 2lbs. Elsewhere in my chart I have 2 weeks showing the same weight (14 5) despite me have entered different weights - 14 stone 7lbs and 14 stone 8lbs. It's almost as if Fitbit doesn't realise there are 14 lbs in a stone and perhaps thinks there are only 10!! Has anyone else had this and how did you resolve it.....or can't you?

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Are you entering your weight on Fitbit or MFP ? I always enter mine here but it still does weird things with decimal points. It will change a .7 to a .8. I have to go an reenter it later on and it corrects then.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That's conversion to metric which is actually used in all formulas, and between sites.
    The setting as to what you view it as determines what conversion takes place.

And then converting back to lb.st you are viewing it as.

Not enough significant digits in the conversion, some rounding takes place.
  • hep275
    hep275 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies - the conversion thing makes sense - guess I'm just an old fashioned girl wanting to work in imperial!!
  • auntyfreddy
    Options
    I have the same problem. It all makes sense now. It's been irritating me for a while.