Triumphs & motivation!

Options
mysty018
mysty018 Posts: 10 Member
Just thought it maybe helpful if we had some where we could put goals reached, triumphs for the day or even just something that motivated us that we think others would benefit from! Even if you feel it was small it could be something we all struggle with and we could be the reason we motivate others. Like not eating the doughnut that a co-worker brought in today (one of my weaknesses) and if some one else could do that I would find it easier to not do it as well, hopefully that all makes sense.

Or like today, my goal of 3 miles in 35 minutes was meet this morning! I am on cloud 9 and super surprised I hit it! The only problem now is coming up with a new goal LOL :wink: and although I got to share this with my husband it's not quiet that same (he would just run laps around me any day of the week).

Replies

• whiterose1417
    whiterose1417 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi mysty018,

I totally agree! I also think we should have a discussion post dedicated towards if any of us needs help or is just feeling down/out of it...that way all of us could support each other throughout.

As for my triumph of the day, that would have to be not buying a cookie from the "cookie lady." At the university I attend, they sell these really big cookies for $2 and each one is 170 calories. I'm friends with the lady who works there and today, it was hard (since I usually get one every day) but I walked past it and decided not to buy one. Hopefully, I can keep it up.

Thanks,
    whiterose1417
  • mysty018
    Options
    My accomplishment for the day was actually doing a work out, because I really REALLY didn't want to.

Also I did not dive into the sugar cookies on top of the fridge, or the bag of chips... how ever I did eat a lil bit of that cake :neutral_face: . None of which we typically have in the house but after my daughters birthday party and not having MANY guests not show its left hanging around.

Any who wahooo for doing a work out and not chowing down on cookies or chips!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I like this! My triumph was going to the gym today. I didn't push as hard as usual because I have been feeling a bit of exhaustion, but I still went, got some good reading done for school, and burned those calories. Which I spent on 3 delicious chocolate dipped oreos I bought at the grocery store immediately afterwards. (after salad for lunch and dinner aaaaand still within my calories!)
  • whiterose1417
    whiterose1417 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So recently I had bought a bag of chips for lunch. If I had eaten the full bag it would have been 490 calories and of course I couldn't afford to do so. The one serving though is 140 calories so what I decided to do is eat one serving at a time. Then a few days later I had the same situation and instead of eating the full calories or even saving some for later I split the bag amongst my siblings and I found that to be very helpful for me. I wanted to share this in case there was someone else who wanted to give in to that bag of chips but didn't/couldn't afford the full 490 calories.
  • mysty018
    Options
    My triumph for the day was calculating the calories I need to be taking in and how much should go to fat/protein/carbs and wrapping my head around the idea. Being told lately that I wasn't in taking enough got me thinking and researching. So where as I was staying at 1200-1300 Cals per day I found that I should be eating more around 1900 a day :open_mouth: That seems like a HUGE jump, but I am going to try my hardest to work on that. been really hard for me to think that I should be eating that much since I was always "taught" that I needed only 1200ish a day even with working out 4-6 times a week. :blush: