Charge HR over crediting steps...

Options
Lacey34
Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
My Charge HR is way over counting. It counts while I drive, and I did the hundred step test and it was over on that as well. Is there a setting I should look at or adjust?

Replies

• Scandia4
    Scandia4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a charge and returned it for a Fitbit One. I got 250 steps when I dried my hair. It tracks arm movements rather than whole body movements. So much happier with the One.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You could try changing the arm settings to "dominant", this should decrease the sensitivity some.

All wrist worn trackers tend to be slightly inaccurate compared to the torso clipped types since they will pick up some arm movements as steps.

You can also email Fitbit and see what they say about it.
  • lak200
    lak200 Posts: 26
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i totally understand this issue - i clocked about 1500 steps folding laundry this past weekend!!! mine is set to the dominant arm so not sure that would make a difference!
    i know it's all a bit of an estimate but i wish it would be a little more accurate.
    i've been comparing my morning walks by running the fitbit app and map my walk at the same time - calories; distance - all off, especially calories!
  • Lacey34
    Lacey34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have it set to the dominant hand. They told me to reset it, and try the 100 step test- it should have an accuracy of 95%. It doesn't... I guess I will send it back? Disappointing!