How did I get this big?

Options
Smrcij1
Smrcij1 Posts: 4 Member
:o I was always a healthy weight, then life, stress, job etc.. and POW.. lots of unhealthy weight to lose. I cannot believe I gained all this weight! Hope folks here can help me stay on track with support, fun, recipes, ideas, and chat !!

Replies

• corbett586
    Options
    I know how easy it is for weight to creep up. Mine's been climbing for years but not to the point where I felt badly overweight. I had a cycle of gaining during the winter and losing during the summer although I never lost quite as much as I gained. Then about 2 years ago my husband was off work for a year and OMG!!! He likes to eat 3 meals a day and because he was eating so did I. He also got "helping" me, which meant my activity level dropped and my weight just kept climbing. Even once our schedules went back to normal I just kept up with the eating habit :( Now it's up well above what I'm comfortable with and now I'm determined to lose not only what I've gained in the last couple of years but a lot of what had snuck up on me before that.
  • Smrcij1
    Smrcij1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) It is only been a couple of weeks and few days since I began my fitness journey. Was waylaid prior 4 days with a head cold and dealing with gutter and ice trashing 2 cars.
    I have been able to exercise some again, and have lost a few pounds.
  • not2old2move
    not2old2move Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group because I thought it might be a good group, small, that help keep me accountable and motivated. I know also how easy that weight can creep up on us. I was doing good and then my husband lost his job and everything changed. Depression set in and I just let myself "go" for a year and a half. Then I looked in the mirror and OMgosh. What happened?? So I understand where you are coming from. I am trying to cook healthier and get some exercise in most days. I am 61 and need to lose about 50 lbs. I have asthma so some days are harder to work out and here in central Idaho you cannot depend on the weather to let you outside for walks. I do use a lot of videos though and YouTube workouts. My goal is to set smaller goals to reach the big one. A few pounds at a time consistently!! Hope you both have a good day.