Clomid, Metformin...then weight loss!

Options
txlawyer87
txlawyer87 Posts: 14 Member
Ive had PCOS as long as I can remember, and I've never had a period without the help of progesterone or bc pills (EVER!). My hubby and I have been TTC for 2 years, and, after 6 months of Clomid (and no O) + Metformin, my gyno ref me to a RE. The RE wants to do in vitro. Because of the time, money, and emotional stress caused by in vitro, we decided I'd start eating very healthy and lose weight so the IVF can have more of a chance of being successful. I've never been overweight, but in the past 4 years I"ve gained 100lbs! After 3 weeks of MFP (and losing 17 lbs), I got my period for the first time EVER! I never thought diet and a healthy lifestyle would have such a change on my hormonal imbalance. I don't know if I'll O yet, that's the next step, but I truly feel this diet is already changing my life. Slowly but surely, it can happen. It will happen. Gotta keep the hope alive. Anyone TTC w/ PCOS, feel free to add me! It's a struggle, and it's tough, but we got to stay positive!

Replies

• iman44
    iman44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great job!!! Lost about 100 pounds with more to lose and was able to get pregnant on my own but did suffer more miscarriages due to other complications. However, I now have son and I get my period like clock work every 28 days. Good luck and keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    great job! another thing I swear by is mucinex right after your period.. until you ovulate. This last month I was sicker than a dog. We tried clomid and femera 2 years ago for about a year and a half nothing.. I did lose some weight and gained some not all back, but decided to try femera one last time. I ended up getting the flu and figured in January I would use the ovulation kids because I felt horrible. I was eating mucinex like candy. We only Bd'd 1 time because I was so awfully sick.. and to my surprise I got a BFP.. shocked as heck.. because I was totally not expected it. Because we didn't really even try. I swear the mucinex did it.. It had to be! Try it.. I think its my life saver...Good Luck!