Starting PiYo later today

Options
Chandler330
Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
Hi :) Has anybody else done the PiYo program or doing it now?

Replies

• ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I haven't but I've been curious about it! Please give us an update on your thoughts after your first day today!
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've bought it and it's sitting there waiting for me to start, but doing a month of 30DS and Pilates first. Let me know what you think of it.
  • ewartm12
    ewartm12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All I am a 62 yr old gym junkie and work out 2-3times per week. I bought PIYO to use as a low impact programme between workouts and to improve flexibility. I now use some of the exercises to warm up before working out as well as doing the routines themselves. Let me tell you what I have noticed. The routines are tough but accessible for anyone to get going on.
    In the gym I have a belt to measure output and PIYO really burns calories, more so than a lot of super set routines.
    My flexibility has improved and and I can work slightly injured muscle groups to help recovery.

I recommend PIYO to all my gym junkie friends and my personal trainer is using it himself.
    Charlene has really hit the mark as far as I am concerned and if you haven't tried it then give it a go and be surprised.
    Ewart
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I started it today and I did the alignment disc. I think I'm really going to enjoy it I love the fact that she took the time to show you mostest the hard move since you'll learn while doing this program. Also went ahead and did the Turbo Fire bonus disc that was sent with the program enjoyed that as while. looking forward to get my flexibility back and dropping so weight
  • KratzLPN
    Options
    I have completed the whole program and earned my tee!!! I love it. It is not high impact or real intense so I add this to my daily routines. Enjoy.
  • DeannaLP1982
    Options
    I'm going to add this routine to my workouts. It looks like a great way to make those little muscle groups pop. now if I can get to my muscle under this layer of fat. :)
  • KratzLPN
    Options
    It takes time, you can do it!
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just starting week 2 today. I really like it so far! I had finished T-25 and Insanity barely lose any weight when I do intense exercise. I'm hoping the switch to something lower impact and strength might do the trick.

Has anyone lost weight or transformed their body with PIYO? I have about 30 lbs. to lose so I'm wondering if this will be enough.

Also how do you log it? I put it as Pilates it's putting me at burning only 100 calories. Some of them I'm super sweating and feel like I'm working much harder than that.
  • Chandler330
    Options
    I'm enjoying it so far. Waited to start it since my schedule got crazy and I had other programs I wanted to finish first.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I'm finding that I can't do all the move she is doing. I hope it will get easier with practice.
  • Chandler330
    Options
    Just do what you can do right now :smile: It will get easier in time.
  • jodyb23
    Options
    On week 3. Finally getting the hang of most of the moves but I do have to modify some of the side planks and burpees. Just started the Core workout and man it was killer! Already seeing some definition in my shoulders and feeling smaller in the waist so I'm happy about that.
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    jodyb23 wrote: »
    Just starting week 2 today. I really like it so far! I had finished T-25 and Insanity barely lose any weight when I do intense exercise. I'm hoping the switch to something lower impact and strength might do the trick.

Has anyone lost weight or transformed their body with PIYO? I have about 30 lbs. to lose so I'm wondering if this will be enough.

Also how do you log it? I put it as Pilates it's putting me at burning only 100 calories. Some of them I'm super sweating and feel like I'm working much harder than that.

How is it going so far? I just ordered PIYO so I'm pretty excited about starting it. What did you end up logging it as?
  • AOBDSM
    AOBDSM Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on tuesday and it was tougher than i thought it was going to be. I did upper define last night and i really sucked at it! hopefully i get better with practice. I've got Sweat on deck for this evening.
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just did sweat today. I'm wondering how I'm going to make it up the stairs to bed! That leg workout is killer!
  • ReptileRose
    ReptileRose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my second week and I have already lost 6 pounds! I feel great since starting it, I have more energy and I am already more flexible and able to do the poses a lot easier than my first day! It is a killer but it is so worth it!
  • dawnaudrey
    dawnaudrey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! Hope it I love it!! I'm trying to lose around 5 pounds and tone up. I'm not a big "cardio" person so I hope this is up my alley :)
  • haleyc717
    haleyc717 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just did the first sweat workout today!! It was tough but I feel great!! I love that the workouts are so reasonably short. Gives me no excuses! A friend of mine has been coming over every day and doing it with me. I will say that as I'm trying to lose weight, you can't solely rely on the workouts though. You really have to be conscious of what your eating because food is 70% of weight loss. But I found this quote in a Q&A website and it's been really inspirational!! I have it decorated and posted above my scale in the bathroom:
    "The answer is up to YOU.
    PiYo is a great program but it is not a miracle.
    YOU have to change into a cute yoga outfit every day and push PLAY.
    YOU have to make smart food choices every single day.
    YOU have to decide EVERY SINGLE DAY whether you will continue working (however imperfectly) toward your goal or whether today is the day you will give up."
  • gaohv
    gaohv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing PiYo along with running (C25K) to help with flexibility. Chalene is awesome! She keeps you moving!
  • jodyb23
    Options
    I just finished PIYO last week. I loved it! I didn't lose much weight from it but lost some inches and feel so much stronger in my core. It also changed the shape of my shoulders and arms to look more slimmed and defined. I'm moving on to Turbofire now but will probably throw in some PIYO for fun because it's excellent and I love the flexibility I got with it.