Weekly thread: February 8th to 15th

Options
catchyb
catchyb Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone,

I had a great week last week, but it's set to go downhill this week.

I'm re-organizing my life. I have 3 children, 5,3, 7mths. I'm breastfeeding my little girl. We moved into a new house and neighborhood last march when I was 6 mths pregnant. It's smaller than our old house and has way more windows so very little room for furniture. Result: 2/3 of our things are still in boxes in the garage. I recently started taking a multivitamin, and I think that, combined with the 2:5 diet, has given me the energy I lacked to reclaim my life. I've just been coasting along until recently, going with the flow, accepting everything because I didn't have the strength to do anything about it.... I found a thing called fly lady on the internet 2 weeks ago and I'm beginning to reclaim my house. The diet is helping me reclaim my body. Hopefully, the energy will help me put myself out there and make some friends (I'm in France and sahms seem to be very rare here!).

So here's the hard bit: my inlaws (french) keep visiting. It started when I was due number 3, they came for a month. Then, for 3 months dh had to go abroad every 2 weeks for work. He asked them to come help out. After the first trip I asked him to tell them not to. Of course 2 days into the trip dd ended up in hospital and we all (except the baby) got foot and mouth. Dh called them and asked them to come back. They came again for Christmas from nov to jan, and just came back on Friday for 2 weeks. Mil doesn't like my cooking and takes over the kitchen when she comes - which was fine, she's a fabulous cook. But, she uses at least a liter of oil every week! That, I can handle. She also passes comment on everything I do / don't do. And everything everyone else does/doesn't do. This is much harder for me to handle. Actually, I think some of my fresh energy came from 6 consecutive weeks of not being knocked down all the time. Everything I try to do, or every idea I have she finds a dozen reasons why it won't work and is a stupid idea. She even talked dh out of buying me the clothes dryer he promised me for Christmas! (I bought myself one 2 weeks ago).
I don't want to tell her I'm trying to loose weight as she'll just convince me it's a waste of time and redouble her comments about everything I put in my mouth. She has no sympathy for my chocolate problem :) She never says anything nice about anyone and you'd think she hated her husband the way she gives out about what an idiot he is, "you have to tell him how to do everything and even then he gets it wrong, he's worse than a child, he can't even blow his nose without being told to".

Sorry about the long, irrelevant post :( I really need to vent, she upsets the kids too. My 3 year old constantly sucks on his hand when she's here and refuses to eat if she's watching him. Today I ate about 7 crepes with raspberry jam and Nutella while she commented on how I'll eat jam but not real fruit... I think I ate the last 2 just to spite her? 3 days down, 9 to go...

Replies

• candyice1
    candyice1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Inlaws can make an outlaw out of a person (fantasizing about assault and battery yet?) :wink: hang in there.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @catchyb- so glad you were able to vent here! Some people don't know how to keep their big gobs shut. We are here for you. You can do this and it seems your getting yourself motivated despite everything. Keep the faith.
  • seamonster111
    seamonster111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Vent away. This is a safe place to put those frustrations. Like a bird in the hand though, let it go.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Let it go, let it go (sorry my kids make me watch it every day ;) )

Suffering form the cold my kids have had for the past week. It is not until you get the cold that you really know how the poor little dears have been suffering...I'm knackered.

I have a busy two weeks ahead of me...Sunday is my youngest boy's 2nd birthday and then the kids are off school for a week (Always find it difficult to keep motivated when the kids are off cause I turn into a kid too and want all the sweets like them too!) Trying to aim to maintain these two weeks, with my cold and the kids off I may struggle, but hoping for the best.

sahms (stay at home mom?) am I right? I have been in my home now for nearly four years and am completely isolated (stuck at home with the kids, finishing my thesis, with all of my family thousands of miles away, so yes it is nice to speak to you all).
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I started walking on my lunch break this week. I am enjoying it, but miss my baby! I've been spending my lunch breaks to nurse her for the last 10 months! She is almost 11 months and I am very busy at work so we are trying to wean. She is my last baby so it makes me extra sad.
  • kay20122
    Options
    Well haven't really written much on here but...: here goes. I am mother of two my first is 7 and I recently had my second he's 10 weeks. I gained 40lbs, 20lbs came off the first few weeks, I started exercising at 5 weeks but I can't seem to lose any more. I am intensly working out and eating right on point but i just can't seem to lose anything: I'm soooo frustrated, I refuse to buy new clothes for this weight. The only thing I can think of is that I don't get any sleep. I'm up every 2-3 hours and I can't sleep in the day. And my husband works so i never get a break. Frustrating. I just want my body back
  • snaps27
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey @kay20122 - I have about 20 to loose as well to get to my healthy range...I've been staled, but completely by my own doing. Maybe you need a kick start in your metabolism. Have you ever though of 5:2 (fasting [500cals] 2 days normal cals the other?), I've heard it can kick start things when you're stuck. I can totally relate to the no sleep thing...I think you even loose weigh when we sleep so you could be right.
  • momofmonkeysx3
    Options
    Don't let the in-laws bully you! If your husband isn't home to be responsible for hosting them, then they don't get to be there. If they cause your children stress, they can either back off our not be around. It's not fair for the kids to be made so uncomfortable in their own home. The in laws got to raise their family, they don't get a do over with yours. Good luck, and enjoy the freedom that comes from taking control if your life! -a fellow mom with insufferable in laws (that I no longer speak with!)
  • mommabunz
    mommabunz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My mother in law is constantly yo-yo dieting (and minimally exercising) but she is always "taking a break" from her diet when we come home. It's so unhealthy. I hear you! Everything is cheese sauce and carbs and she overfeeds my kids. I don't let my in-laws visit unless hubby is here as a buffer. It's so hard when family who should be here as encouragement and help becomes a hindrance.