Anyone having trouble with exercise goals?

Options
eb9933
eb9933 Posts: 15 Member
I'm finding that, four weeks in, I'm getting a lot less disciplined about making time for exercise. Is anyone else feeling that when an exercise plan isn't "new" any more, some other motivator is needed? If so, what are you trying? If not, what's motivating you at this point--or have you simply built a habit that's sticking?

Replies

• Kaye162
    Options
    What helps me is I write it down like an appointment - for example - signing up for a once a week spin class. This way I know I will go and I have allotted the time for it. I also print a block monthly calendar and will write my workouts on it - Tuesday walk dog 40 min, Thursday jog 3miles, Saturday - longer run, etc. Sunday rest. Then I can check things off. Something about writing it down - it really helps and works. I will be honest, I get tired, I get grumpy and sometimes all I want to do is sit on the couch with my 80 pound lap dog and chill. But 9 times out of 10 when I get in my scheduled workouts, I am happier, more patient, sleep better, etc. I have not lost a lot of weight on the WLC but I know I have stuck to logging my foods, and getting in some great exercise. I feel better today then I did on Jan 4th. Hope these words help a bit eb9933.
  • eb9933
    eb9933 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They do, Kaye--thanks! The idea of scheduling ahead for specific types of exercise is absolutely new for me; I'll try it.
  • Rowena2869
    Options
    Honestly, that is not my problem at present. I wish I had more time for exercise, more energy for exercise, &, above all, I wish the snow would melt so I could run & ride my bike. I am barely getting any exercise in & I have not lost any weight in the Challenge. The $$$ is one of my reasons for doing it, so I am not lacking in motivation at all at present. I hope the motivation is still there when there is no $$ incentive & when the snow finally melts!