any metal heads still here??

Options
just joined. lets talk some ****, share bands and have the best time possible on a weight loss forum \m/

latest influences?

whispered, deals death, disarmonia mundi, insomniums mors principium est... more melodic death metal kinda guys! what about you?????

Replies

• catarinadev
    catarinadev Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just joined too!

I listen to a wide variety of stuff within the multitude of metal genres, but my preferences tend to lie on the heavier side. Currently listening to the latest YOB album, and deciding whether I like Opeth's new direction (hated Heritage, but Pale Communion is shaping up quite well, although I do miss the death vox)

Still on a high from seeing the mighty Emperor a few months ago, so listening to a lot black metal!

And ALWAYS looking for new band recommendations!
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yea wikid i can give you a list of heaps of melo - death bands i have been listening too.

Opeth is awesome and yer heritage sucked.

try

inflames
    soilwork - My Fav so ill always promote :)
    mors principium est
    whispered
    eye of the enemy - good ol Aussy bad :)
    Disarmonia mundi
    lamb of god

just to name a few.. if you like them i can lead you to some awesome you-tube channels that revolve around that genre.
  • ghortua777
    Options
    Hell yes!!!!! Metalhead to the core...I not only love checking out the bands that have formed me and a good chunk of awesome riffs that I listen to and can play, but I really enjoy checking out the cover bands that really go out of their way to LOOK and SOUND exactly like the original band.

friend me if you'd like!

\,,,/

Gio
  • catarinadev
    Options
    yea wikid i can give you a list of heaps of melo - death bands i have been listening too.

Opeth is awesome and yer heritage sucked.

try

inflames
    soilwork - My Fav so ill always promote :)
    mors principium est
    whispered
    eye of the enemy - good ol Aussy bad :)
    Disarmonia mundi
    lamb of god

just to name a few.. if you like them i can lead you to some awesome you-tube channels that revolve around that genre.

Thanks for the recommendations, will definitely check those out! (the only ones I know quite well from that list are In Flames and Lamb of God)
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    awesome then you will like soilwork, soilwork and inflames feature in each others vids..
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    For those who said they liked In Flames, what do you think of their latest release? I was a huge fan of them in their early days but have dropped away from a lot of melo death these past few years. Coming back to In Flames newest album I'm actually liking it more than I expected. It seems a lot of people are not in agreement on that though.
  • catarinadev
    Options
    For those who said they liked In Flames, what do you think of their latest release? I was a huge fan of them in their early days but have dropped away from a lot of melo death these past few years. Coming back to In Flames newest album I'm actually liking it more than I expected. It seems a lot of people are not in agreement on that though.

Eh, not really a fan of their later stuff. It's ok, but...I'll check out their latest album, but it's definitely not on the 'run-out-and-buy-as-soon-as-it's-released' list.
  • jamesc9282014
    Options
    Still here! Feel free to add me!
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Any Killswitch Engage fans here? I'm not a fan, but Adam got on Price is Right and won a ton of stuff. http://loudwire.com/killswitch-engage-adam-d-price-is-right/
  • catarinadev
    Options
    I'm still here! Not a Killswitch fan, but saw the story on Adam and Price is Right- nicely done.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't do core or nu genres... Bleh.

But so far this year, I saw Mayhem , Pig Destroyer & Watain last month and got Exhumed, Napalm Death, & Voivod tix for next week.

Hoping to make it down to California Deathfest this year. Wish this group was a bit more active.
  • catarinadev
    Options
    Also wish this group was a bit more active.

Unfortunately don't see many live gigs, due to shortage of bands I'd like to see touring my country. But caught Meshuggah when I was in London in December, and Behemoth actually toured here in November....

Think I'm going to try to make it to Metaldays this year, but have to see if I can get Europe way for that.
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Any Killswitch Engage fans here? I'm not a fan, but Adam got on Price is Right and won a ton of stuff. http://loudwire.com/killswitch-engage-adam-d-price-is-right/
    Nice!