Devin Townsend

Options
Wait... when did he lose the skullet?! Lame. I haven't been paying attention much I guess.

Anyway, really loving the new album. Sky Blue is great and I LOVE all the Anneke on that disk. I haven't give as much time to Dark Matters, but seemed decent from what I can recall.

Anybody else check this album out yet?

Replies

• catarinadev
    catarinadev Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Haven't listened to it yet, but will soon! Unfortunately the skullet's been gone for awhile... Anneke is great, love her work on Devin's albums.

I'm going to the Ziltoid the Omniscient musical at the Royal Albert Hall in London next year- going to be epic!
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    That sounds like it's going to be fun! I just watched a bunch of his live stuff on YouTube the other day. He looks like he puts on a great show.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Ah! Devin Townsend and Animals as Leaders are playing Thursday this week pretty close by to me but I'm pretty busy with work and probably can't afford to take a day off so close to our new project launching. It sucks. That sounds like it'd be a real fun show to go to.
  • catarinadev
    Options
    Ah! Devin Townsend and Animals as Leaders are playing Thursday this week pretty close by to me but I'm pretty busy with work and probably can't afford to take a day off so close to our new project launching. It sucks. That sounds like it'd be a real fun show to go to.

Ah, hate it when that happens- so close yet so far! And yeah, Animals as Leaders and Devin together sounds like a really fun show!
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    pretty sure devin released this as part of some promo thing. check you tube.
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wait... when did he lose the skullet?! Lame. I haven't been paying attention much I guess.

Anyway, really loving the new album. Sky Blue is great and I LOVE all the Anneke on that disk. I haven't give as much time to Dark Matters, but seemed decent from what I can recall.

Anybody else check this album out yet?

Listened to it when I read this thread a few weeks ago. It's really growing on me. Thanks for the mention.
  • catarinadev
    Options
    Have you listened to any of his other stuff yet?
  • ozzra8
    Options
    Have you listened to any of his other stuff yet?
    !!!!!!!!! yes!!! Not even funny I've become obsessed. My freaking alarm clock tone is Kingdom. I think my fav album so far is epicloud

• catarinadev
    Options
    Haha! And he has such a massive back catalogue. Don't know what my favourites are, so much to choose from. Love his SYL stuff. Synchestra is fantastic. Love Ki and Addicted. And love the song Juular from Deconstruction, because I'm a HUGE fan of Ihsahn.

You should definitely see him live if he passes your way- he puts on a fantastic show!
  • ozzra8
    Options
    I bet. I don't see any US tour dates though.
  • catarinadev
    Options
    He recently did a big US tour, but am sure he'll come back around again soon!