Week 6 weigh in / next challenge

Options
Morning all. Hope your week has been good. Mine was a little stressful but overall good. My last two weeks I have gained and I finally went back down this week. I'm down 2.2 this week. There is no way I am meeting my goal I set for this challenge but as long as I don't gain again next week I will be down from my starting weight.

There is only one more week left till Valentine's day. I cant believe how quickly this went. Anyways my question is what does everyone want for the next challenge date. Its 4 weeks till St Patrick's Day (ending date of 3/15) and 7 weeks till Easter (ending date 4/5). I will be making the new group this week so if everyone can sound off on which they prefer or if they have a different idea. Majority rules for the next date since this challenge belongs to all of us. I am game for whatever everyone else prefers.

Replies

• MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Easter works for me. That will put us into spring and i hope to hit my mail goal about that time.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am happy to go with the flow, but would vote for the Easter Challenge since 4 weeks can be a bit soon to see much change. But again, either idea or if another suggestion comes along that most folks prefer, please count me in. Thanks so much for keeping us organized, SilverStormi!

I am toting what I hope is a water weight gain for this week's weigh in. Doggone it! I too will likely be down from the start of this challenge, but not yet at goal when we finish up next Sunday. Glad for the baby steps in the right direction at least!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Easter is my vote! That will mean a full year of challenges with this group for me! And sooo many pounds lost because of them. Thanks Lisa!!

Kathy

55835802.png
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am so not going to hit my goal or even come close to it.
    I vote Easter. Hopefully I will do better the next goal.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm voting for Easter too. I will set new nutrition goals for this challenge, so I'll have more time to see improvement.

As for this week weight in, I'm down -1.2. I would have love to have a 1.5 loss, so I will have more chance to reach my goal for this challenge, but it didn't happen. Still, I'm close to it.

EDIT: Ohh, I probably miscalculated something, Spreadsheet says I'm down 1.8. Yay!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Easter is good for me. I kind of like the longer periods. I also think I'm doing a pescetarian thing for Lent, which will start on 2/18, so that coincides almost perfectly.

The first one of these I joined (and my first thing I did at MFP, pretty much immediately after I started logging regularly, although after I'd lost 20 lbs pre MFP) was St. Patrick's Day to Easter.

I've been hanging out around the same weight the last 2-3 weeks, but I'm feeling more chipper now so will refocus and see if I can lose my .6 to get to goal after this week. If not, that's okay. ;-)
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Yes, Easter sounds good! There's still so much snow here and I don't think it will melt by Easter, but I'll try to get in some exercise -- somewhere!
  • GillaMahogany
    Options
    Well, the bad news I didn't loose any weight this challenge. The good news is I didn't gain any either. Apparently I'm just practicing for the future when I actually reach my goal and need to maintain haha.
    I'm so up for a new challenge, either holiday is great!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I guess it's too late in this challenge to start it, but for next time I was wondering if people would find a general chat thread helpful. It's what I kind of think of the goal threads as, but of course it's hard to carry conversations over multiple days.
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Majority rules... I go with the flow! B)
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    I would love to chat more, so yay for a chat thread :)
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I vote for Easter :)
  • DaivaSimone
    Options
    Also, as suggested by Stephany, I propose weekly goals instead of daily goals for the next challenge. It will be easier to do a follow up.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like the weekly goals idea as well.
  • sodakat
    Options
    I'm terrible about setting goals so I'd love a general chat thread too! I mean, my goal is always the same: lose weight! LOL.

55835802.png
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Looking forward to it!
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    The new challenge is finally up...I sent out invites for everyone that was in this challenge but if for some reason you didnt get the invite here is the link to the Easter Challenge.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103595-something-to-celebrate-easter-challenge

A general chat thread and weekly goals threads are great ideas. Anyone can start a thread if they think of something they would like. Even though I make the group and the spreadsheet I dont want to think of these as my challenges. A lot of you have all been in here as long if not longer then me. These challenges belong to all of us and should grow and change as we do. I wouldnt mind trying a weekly goals since I have been really slacking on my goals.
  • sodakat
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! See everyone in the Easter group!
    55835802.png
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    add me to the group after a rough start the hubby is gone and deployed so back to somewhat of a normal rountine working hard to get weight off so he wont recignize me when he gets home..