Broad Street 2015

Options
Fr33zefram3
Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
Broad street 2015 opens tomorrow for registration. Who else is running?

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I ran in 2014 -- not sure about doing it again this year....
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just got my acceptance email!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I also got an acceptance email this morning! This will be my first time running the Broad Street Run and my first 10 mile race. So excited!
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a fun race, gonna be a good one. This will be my fifth time running but my first under my own name. Always missed or didn't get accepted before and had to buy someone else's bib. Totally excited to "officially" run it. WOOOOOOOOO!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    did it twice and wasn't a fan -- too crowded, too many walkers clogging up the faster corrals. It's one thing to be slow (like me) and be in the back, but don't say you'll finish in 1:01:50 and get a green or grey bib and then walk the entire thing huffing and puffing. Come on.
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the Broad Street Run this year with Students Run Philly Style. We will start waay in the back which is good for me so I don't get in anyone's way. I'm a new runner and this is my first time running anything over a 5k. My goal = I won't finish last! :-)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Good luck Jennwren77. Wait.. you've never run over 3.1 miles during your long runs? That's kind of dangerous as a new runner. You should've hit at least 7-9 miles. It's a daunting course if you need to take 6.9 miles onto the 3.1 you've run in the past.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are doing it this year! First timers! We've been going on runs the last two months to prepare and finally did a 10 miler two weekends ago. About mile 8/9 it started getting really hard. We walked probably 3 miles of it and finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes. My overall goal is to finish in under 2 hours which is completely do-able in my opinion. Good luck everyone!
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks dixiech1ck. I had never run any official races over 5k. My practice runs are long, I regularly do the Art Museum loop. I finished in 2 and a half hours.