Daily report 2015-02-17

lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
To see this little group growing and people participating really make my day !
You know we can do it right ? :)

Big motivation boost this morning !

So what did you do today my friends ?

Replies

• Good morning!

Last night I attended my boxing fitness class - my feet were bothering me from all the bouncing around, so I wasn't able to stay for two classes like I usually do. I bought some cushy shoe inserts so hopefully that helps at class tonight!

I had a rough time on the scale this morning - up 5 lbs - which is sort of expected because I did some party eating this weekend for Valentine's. It's mostly frustrating because friends are asking me if I've lost a bunch of weight and I haven't. I guess I should be happy that all the boxing classes are changing my body enough that people are noticing.

Cardio boxing tonight! Looking forward to it.
  • What is cardio boxing? Boxing always seemed awesome but I've already had my nose broken twice so I'm a little leery of getting hit in the face, even with protection..

Towards my goals: I have most of my food already logged for the day and I took my doggies for a walk. After a bit of job hunting I'm going to find a 30 day challenge I can do with no equipment here at the house.
  • TexasBeauty89
    TexasBeauty89 Posts: 61 Member
    Nothing yet. Yesterday I danced on dance Central and walked on the treadmill. Today I'll be doing the same.
  • Cardio boxing, at least at my neighborhood gym, is jump rope, interval work, and bag work. No sparring, thank goodness, I'd probably end up hitting myself in the nose.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well today at work it was someone's birthday, so there were lots of tempting goodies in the breakroom BUT one of my coworkers remembered that I was trying to eat healthier and she brought mini blueberry muffins. I ate like four of the yummy little buggers so I counted them as I one whole (normal sized) muffin. I already have dinner planned out, I forgot to defrost something for dinner tonight so Campbell's soup it is! And since I've already got such a good streak going, I've already got a workout date with my Nike+ app lol. I'm gonna see how I feel after a 30min. workout before I decide on anything else.
  • lsabeIIe
    Ok Good job people !! You are my sunshines ! (*)

Today I did:

-25 mins high intensity aerobics
    -30 mins yoga
    -30 mins playing guitar

... oh and I feel good :)
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    This was a good work out day plus 45 mins of shoveling! My best friend has had a lot of success with a very low carb diet. I am going to do a modified form of that diet while still keeping up with my exercise and MFP!
  • Great job everybody!!

Update on my 30 day challenge scavenger hunt: SUCCESS! I found a free app that has about 16 different challenges on it, and you use your first day to set a benchmark and then they tailor a 30 day workout program for you. Benchmarks done - I'm only doing 4 of the challenges so I don't get burnout. Now to see if the app has a super obnoxious reminder tone...:D

Off to make quinoa patties for dinner. I prepped several meals today and painted some trim in my house that I've had on my to-do list for about 3 years. I better find a job soon, I'm becoming too domesticated!
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    I joined the group today. I workout 6 days a week and take every Tuesday off. I'm enjoying a lifetime movie marathon lol don't worry, I'm not "grazing" all day lol
  • mygin44
    mygin44 Posts: 169 Member
    Cardio boxing sounds like a blast!

Did an hour on the arc trainer. The kids were off of school today, so I made them a pizza. Was able not to eat left overs. I did steal a pepperoni though.
  • lsabeIIe
    Hey welcome new people !

Rissavanwey, I would have joined you in your challenge but I'm already on something and starting a new yoga challenge tomorow with a friend ! Yay !

Best of luck !

Everybody keep up the good work !
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Well it was back to work today but I did make a soup in the crock pot before I left this morning. Yay! That is another goal I'm working on. More variety in my meals. I kind of get in a rut of what to make for dinner when I get home so it's usually my go to meal - grilled chicken, steamed carrots and salad but tonight it is a spicy bean soup that I just made up. Hope it's good :smiley: After dinner it's back to the elliptical.

- Cardio boxing sounds so fun. I use to spar but gave up MMA when I had back surgery. Don't know if I'll ever get to return.
    - I never thought I would have a green house so don't give up your dreams. It could happen.
    - shoveling is such a great workout. I love it when our chores gives us a workout!
    - Good job everyone. Love this group.
    Alisa
  • SRJennings
    Isabelle!!!!! What are you doing awake now!?!?! Isn't it the middle of the night there?
  • lsabeIIe
    Nope it's 10:00 pm here ! (I'm not from France I'm french canadian ;) ) But still you could see me on the web in the middle of the night some times... but not these days ! :)
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    It's so great to see how much everyone is making the most of their day and reaching their goals! You guys don't know how inspirational you are:) It just makes me feel so warm inside to read all your positive comments.

Today was a pretty good day, nutrition wise. I almost didn't exercise because I had so much work to do, but just as the light was fading I decided to go out for a jog. I had a beautiful sunset run and ended up being able to complete my 30 minutes of exercise! It's a great feeling:)
  • SRJennings
    The scale moved! The scale moved! the scale moooooovvvvvveeeedddddd!!!!!! :D

So happy!

It is Wednesday, but we are up and heading out for a long car trip today. So I will have to make the best of the odd schedule and no exercise other than walking. BUT! It WILL be a nice day with my husband and son!

Isabelle: My daughter is in England studying this semester, so I am uber focused on time differences and such. It is funny because the reason that I took French in High School is that I grew up in the Adirondacks (Lake George) and a lot of our summer visitors were French speaking Canadians.