Daily report 2015-02-17

Options
lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
To see this little group growing and people participating really make my day !
You know we can do it right ? :)

Big motivation boost this morning !

So what did you do today my friends ?

Replies

• strongbeanthecat
    Options
    Good morning!

Last night I attended my boxing fitness class - my feet were bothering me from all the bouncing around, so I wasn't able to stay for two classes like I usually do. I bought some cushy shoe inserts so hopefully that helps at class tonight!

I had a rough time on the scale this morning - up 5 lbs - which is sort of expected because I did some party eating this weekend for Valentine's. It's mostly frustrating because friends are asking me if I've lost a bunch of weight and I haven't. I guess I should be happy that all the boxing classes are changing my body enough that people are noticing.

Cardio boxing tonight! Looking forward to it.
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    What is cardio boxing? Boxing always seemed awesome but I've already had my nose broken twice so I'm a little leery of getting hit in the face, even with protection..

Towards my goals: I have most of my food already logged for the day and I took my doggies for a walk. After a bit of job hunting I'm going to find a 30 day challenge I can do with no equipment here at the house.
  • TexasBeauty89
    TexasBeauty89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet. Yesterday I danced on dance Central and walked on the treadmill. Today I'll be doing the same.
  • strongbeanthecat
    Options
    Cardio boxing, at least at my neighborhood gym, is jump rope, interval work, and bag work. No sparring, thank goodness, I'd probably end up hitting myself in the nose.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well today at work it was someone's birthday, so there were lots of tempting goodies in the breakroom BUT one of my coworkers remembered that I was trying to eat healthier and she brought mini blueberry muffins. I ate like four of the yummy little buggers so I counted them as I one whole (normal sized) muffin. I already have dinner planned out, I forgot to defrost something for dinner tonight so Campbell's soup it is! And since I've already got such a good streak going, I've already got a workout date with my Nike+ app lol. I'm gonna see how I feel after a 30min. workout before I decide on anything else.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Ok Good job people !! You are my sunshines ! (*)

Today I did:

-25 mins high intensity aerobics
    -30 mins yoga
    -30 mins playing guitar

... oh and I feel good :)
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This was a good work out day plus 45 mins of shoveling! My best friend has had a lot of success with a very low carb diet. I am going to do a modified form of that diet while still keeping up with my exercise and MFP!
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Great job everybody!!

Update on my 30 day challenge scavenger hunt: SUCCESS! I found a free app that has about 16 different challenges on it, and you use your first day to set a benchmark and then they tailor a 30 day workout program for you. Benchmarks done - I'm only doing 4 of the challenges so I don't get burnout. Now to see if the app has a super obnoxious reminder tone...:D

Off to make quinoa patties for dinner. I prepped several meals today and painted some trim in my house that I've had on my to-do list for about 3 years. I better find a job soon, I'm becoming too domesticated!
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I joined the group today. I workout 6 days a week and take every Tuesday off. I'm enjoying a lifetime movie marathon lol don't worry, I'm not "grazing" all day lol
  • mygin44
    mygin44 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Cardio boxing sounds like a blast!

Did an hour on the arc trainer. The kids were off of school today, so I made them a pizza. Was able not to eat left overs. I did steal a pepperoni though.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Hey welcome new people !

Rissavanwey, I would have joined you in your challenge but I'm already on something and starting a new yoga challenge tomorow with a friend ! Yay !

Best of luck !

Everybody keep up the good work !
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Well it was back to work today but I did make a soup in the crock pot before I left this morning. Yay! That is another goal I'm working on. More variety in my meals. I kind of get in a rut of what to make for dinner when I get home so it's usually my go to meal - grilled chicken, steamed carrots and salad but tonight it is a spicy bean soup that I just made up. Hope it's good :smiley: After dinner it's back to the elliptical.

- Cardio boxing sounds so fun. I use to spar but gave up MMA when I had back surgery. Don't know if I'll ever get to return.
    - I never thought I would have a green house so don't give up your dreams. It could happen.
    - shoveling is such a great workout. I love it when our chores gives us a workout!
    - Good job everyone. Love this group.
    Alisa
  • SRJennings
    Options
    Isabelle!!!!! What are you doing awake now!?!?! Isn't it the middle of the night there?
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Nope it's 10:00 pm here ! (I'm not from France I'm french canadian ;) ) But still you could see me on the web in the middle of the night some times... but not these days ! :)
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's so great to see how much everyone is making the most of their day and reaching their goals! You guys don't know how inspirational you are:) It just makes me feel so warm inside to read all your positive comments.

Today was a pretty good day, nutrition wise. I almost didn't exercise because I had so much work to do, but just as the light was fading I decided to go out for a jog. I had a beautiful sunset run and ended up being able to complete my 30 minutes of exercise! It's a great feeling:)
  • SRJennings
    Options
    The scale moved! The scale moved! the scale moooooovvvvvveeeedddddd!!!!!! :D

So happy!

It is Wednesday, but we are up and heading out for a long car trip today. So I will have to make the best of the odd schedule and no exercise other than walking. BUT! It WILL be a nice day with my husband and son!

Isabelle: My daughter is in England studying this semester, so I am uber focused on time differences and such. It is funny because the reason that I took French in High School is that I grew up in the Adirondacks (Lake George) and a lot of our summer visitors were French speaking Canadians.