Daily report 2015-02-16

Options
lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Well today I was slapped in the face by the scale !

I had stopped weighing myself for a while but I knew I had gain some weight back. I wanted to get back into it a little before weighing again and this morning I gathered my courage, climbed on the scale and I was up about 7 lbs. :(

I guess it could have been worst, I dont know...

It sure feels like a little step back but, I knew it anyway. And my point of getting back to healthier ways was because I knew I have to lose some more. Maybe I shouldn't avoid the scale for that long anymore. I will adjust !

Today will be groceries day.

What about you ?

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I dont pay to close attention to the scale, I don't have one at home but there is one at work and try to weigh myself at least once a week. But whether the numbers are up or down, I always think about how much water I drank before jumping on the scale, or what I ate, or if maybe I've gained muscle this past week. I also consider how I feel too.

Well this week is 100% chance of rain and cold so no runs for me this week, so I'm going to start using my weights instead and I might add in some yoga too.
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Isabelle,
    A gain like that frustrating beyond belief. You have put in a lot of hard work and to have that rolled back is depressing. I hope you got healthy groceries and you can move forward with a positive attitude. You can definitely do this!

I have spent a lot of time lately trying to figure out how I gained all of my weight back for the third time. It is an odd thing to say, but at least you didn't wait until you're almost 30 pounds over like I did!

You will be able to reverse the 7 pound gain so much faster because you caught it now. You were smart to weigh yourself and then begin to apply yourself now. Because you can look forward to it being gone in a reasonable period of time!

• lsabeIIe
    Options
    Thx Girls,

Indeed all I can say now is "lets get rid of that and be more careful in the futur". It's a learning process also.

Anyway, today I did:

-15 mins walk
    - Bought healthy grocery
    - Took a rest day from workout because my muscles needed the break.
  • dmt366
    dmt366 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a bummer but don't let it get you down! Weight is like the stock market, it goes up and down...doesn't stay stable. Use this gain, learn from it...progress not perfection!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    It is wise to take a break every now and then to let our muscles repair. I have to remind myself of that, I'm just so afraid if I stop will I start again tomorrow? I'm impressed with your attitude. Some would let that scale defeat them. Good job with going forward.

Well I started.
    -Thirteen minuets of strength training and lifting weights. I always start small when I try something new. Don't want to overdue and quit. :blush:
    -I also went hiking. Only 5 miles because we got a late start. Also it was pretty cold and snowy towards to top.
    -I got out the tables to plant my seeds indoors. I get to start early this year because my husband is going to build me a green house for my birthday. Best present ever. I love gardening.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    I got out the tables to plant my seeds indoors. I get to start early this year because my husband is going to build me a green house for my birthday. Best present ever. I love gardening.

I'm jealous, just wanted to put that out there lol. I love gardening too. My husband and I grow a huge vegetable garden every year and I have beds, where I plant flowers and herbs all around the yard. I told him I wanted a green house and he told me that since this isn't our forever home (this our first house), that our next house will have one.
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Whoops, I totally forgot to check in yesterday so I'll do it today (it's 5:47 am).

Isabelle, it's tough to see that number go up but it also makes you more motivated. It's good that you caught it now, before 7 lbs gained slipped to 10, then 20, and so on. You're back on track now, and that's all that matters. We're all here to support you:)

In regards to my day, it was quite literally probably my 7th "day 1". I've given up and started over on a healthy lifestyle for the past three years, without being able to sustain anything. Sticking to my calorie goal and exercising like I planned really reminded me of the intense endurance and mental stamina it takes to reach a weight goal.

I admit I've been pretty lazy in that department, but yesterday was a win for me, so I hope to keep that momentum going.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    You people are so inspirational. Thanks all for your good words.

One day me too I will eat home grown plants and self harvested meet like you Alisa and Kris ! :)

A big welcome to you healthybella and Dana.
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Isabelle - I love your positive attitude! How did grocery shopping go?

Mrsallen - What kind of yoga are you doing? I'm always nosy to see what other people like since there's such a variety out there....

scrapbookingtm - Also a little jealous of your greenhouse! I love to garden, need to start some seeds soon.... Great job not going overboard on new things, and hooray for a 5 mile hike!

Healthybella - I really want to post a gif of Dory from Finding Nemo singing "just keep swimming " but not sure how :-) Just keep trying, and things will click!

I was under my calorie goal for today and cleaned house...it was raining and freezing so that's about it.
  • lsabeIIe
    Options
    Grocery went well... Bought some healthy stuff.

Actually, my scale put a little trick on me yesterday I think... I thought I gained 7lbs but this morning it looks more like I gained 4lbs. (I weighing everyday in the same conditions (naked and when I wake up) so it really look like the scale was on drugs yesterday) So tought I had to overcome 7 lbs step back now it's only a 4lbs so... I take it !!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    @rissavanwey‌ I use the app pocket yoga, it described it's styles as ocean (HIIT), desert (flexibility and detoxification), and mountain style (strength build). I think they're all different types of vinyasa style. I did the mountain style last night and now I'm feeling it in all the right places lol.