2/17 Day 2 Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
  Hello Everyone! Today is Mardi Gras, so a lot of you are going to parties and having fun today! What a lot of people don’t know is that Mardi Gras coincides it’s celebrations with Shrove Tuesday. Shrove comes from the word Shrive which means Confess.
So in honor of Mardi Gras and Shrove Tuesday...

The Shrove challenge: is to confess your excuses for not doing things
and
The Mardi Gras challenge: Learn the Mardi Gras dance   
So we have 2 challenges for today! With one being kinda easy and the other taking a little effort. I recommend watching the video once all the way through so you get what you got to do. Yes, it is from a video game but they show you what to do each time so I don't see it as a problem. I will be attempting this later with a couple friends and I'm excited about it! I know that I will have to do this a couple times to get it but it will be a fun exercise for today! Also...we all have excuses for not exercising or not eating certain things. Time to confess them and throw them away! We don't need excuses!

Remember, yes you will look a little silly but as long as you are having fun and exercising...who cares what other people think? It's their loss for not having fun like you are! Also get a friend or kids involved. I bet they would have fun with it!

I wish everyone luck on this and remember to have fun!
Happy Mardi Gras!

Replies

• n3wm0mmy
    n3wm0mmy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1: The excuses I use are simple laziness. "I'm too tired." "It doesn't matter anyway." "I'll do it later."
    Challenge 2: I recorded my son and I doing it. That was fun :smiley:

Thanks for the challenges
  • Auna37
    Options
    Challenge 1: I often procrastinate until I do nothing by saying "I still have time it can wait" "I can do it tomorrow" "It doesn't have to be done today"

Challenge 2: My heart was RACING after the first time I did it. Not because the moves were hard but because I was trying to keep pace with the guy on screen! My friends and I did it 5 times so now we can rock a Mardi Gras party! But I am out of breath! :smile:

n3wm0mmy, I would love to see that recording and I am so glad you two had fun!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Excuses- I'm stressed out, need quiet, need space, need time, ... Or simply, it's too hard.
    - My son an I just watched the video. We will put it on the widescreen tonight and do it as a family.
  • Auna37
    Options
    Oh that sounds like fun!
  • LuckyMe2017
    Options
    Done
  • twirlybird
    twirlybird Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My excuse, "I'll start tomorrow.". I get so caught up in what my family needs, my needs get pushed to the back burner. Then personal time becomes nap or reading time
  • jmc1025
    jmc1025 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use my busy schedule as an excuse not to exercise or even eat right. Once i start with that excuse my mind is made up and any time that i do have i use it to sleep, lounge around or eating.
  • n3wm0mmy
    n3wm0mmy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Auna37 It mostly features my little one but I'm putting up the link to the video :smiley: - Dance Challenge
  • LuckyMe2017
    Options
    jmc1025 wrote: »
    I use my busy schedule as an excuse not to exercise or even eat right. Once i start with that excuse my mind is made up and any time that i do have i use it to sleep, lounge around or eating.

I can relate!
  • LuckyMe2017
    Options
    n3wm0mmy wrote: »
    Auna37 It mostly features my little one but I'm putting up the link to the video :smiley: - Dance Challenge

Ahh. Thanks for sharing! I need to step up my technology use. My son and I did this last night. My husband ran upstairs. After begging my daughter, she did it with me. My son thought the booty shaking part was disgusting. Lol. He's 4.
  • raehersh
    Options
    twirlybird wrote: »
    My excuse, "I'll start tomorrow.". I get so caught up in what my family needs, my needs get pushed to the back burner. Then personal time becomes nap or reading time
    I'm right there with ya. My kids, my husband, my pets... I'm too tired bc my son doesn't sleep. No more excuses.

• Auna37
    Options
    n3wm0mmy wrote: »

That was adorable!