Down 71lbs in 4 months!

Options
amylhatch5
amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
I am so incredibly grateful for my surgery. I never would have thought I could lose 71lbs in 4 months. From 280 to 209. A size 22/24 to a 16 (SO FAR). (I am 28 years old and am 5'4).

I am so happy, and I feel so much healthier. Even though I have more to lose, I am more confident, can stand all day at work without my feet absolutely killing me, I don't have to worry about chafing (Yes, that's a real problem), I get compliments on a daily basis about how much weight I have lost and what a great job I am doing and it feels great! This is the best decision I have ever made.

The only complaint I have is my hair thinning, BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!

I had my surgery in Mexico and paid cash. The amount of money I am saving in not drinking like I once did and eating so much and eating out literally has paid for this surgery and will keep paying it over and over. The cost was nothing compared to how I feel right now. :)

Just had to share!! If you are thinking about having the surgery, DO IT, I am so glad I had it young while I can enjoy my life and live longer because I am HEALTHY!

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress so far. I totally agree you can not put a cash value on how great you feel! The hair will recover, don't panic. Enjoy the ride and keep up the good work!
  • seaghdha1072
    seaghdha1072 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What a great post! Wow that's a lot of weight lost you must be thrilled. Thanks for sharing.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    WOW!! It sounds like you are doing GREAT!! So excited for you! :)
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Really strong work-looking forward to even more!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like you are doing great! Awesome job :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    WTG Amy!
    I had my surgery 4 months ago today :smile:
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your incredible weight loss. That is a lot of weight to lose in 3 months. I was 3 months out on Feb. 12. You are doing amazing!!! :)
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Your doing fantastic and you must live close enough to Mexico to make the trip
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! What a great post!!! You are so right and so smart! My only regret is waiting until I was in my mid 50's to do something about my weight.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just remember to maintain your protein and vitamins to stay healthy. A few people in our WLS support group developed severe osteoporosis and other probs 8 yrs out after neglecting their vitamins.
  • renovagirl
    renovagirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Two Words - ROCK STAR!

• amylhatch5
    Options
    Thank you all! Yes, protein and vitamins are a must! And, I live in WA state, so Mexico wasn't too far. :)
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    amylhatch5 wrote: »
    Thank you all! Yes, protein and vitamins are a must! And, I live in WA state, so Mexico wasn't too far. :)

Well I'm closer to Mexico than you were then, I'm in Oregon
  • amylhatch5
    Options
    Yeah, we flew to San Diego, then drove in. It wasn't too bad at all. Other people there came from a lot farther. :)