Superhero Workout

Options
knitapeace
knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
I'm such a sucker for this company's products! I downloaded the Superhero Workout last night and did the core workout this morning. I didn't start with story mode because today was strength day already. Tomorrow though. So far it seems to be counting my reps pretty accurately. Anyone else jump right in without even waiting for a sale, because it's Six to Start?

Replies

• asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    yes, I purchased it yesterday but haven't tried it yet. I am looking forward to it
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ooh, is it a new app? I'll have to check it out! :)

EDIT: doesn't look like it's available for android yet :(
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yeah iOS only for now. I did the first story mission this morning with my 13 year old. He quit halfway through and I heard him tell my husband, "Mom's way more fit than me." Best compliment I ever got.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Ha - love your kid's comment!

I am thinking of getting it for my 16 year old daughter. She has independent PE again this year due to her full academic load, but a new teacher took over the responsibility for it and upped the requirements. The past two years it was 30 minutes of activity a day - dog walking, sports, swimming, Wii Fit - whatever. New guy wants four hours a week, walking doesn't count, mentioned gym classes and personal trainers. Uh, dude - we're already strapped with private school tuition, and the kid is taking independent PE because she's got a FULL LOAD of classes. :tongue:

Anyway - I do my workouts at 5am because we don't have a lot of space and I don't want a living room audience. She feels the same and we thought this might be good because she could do the exercises in her room (I'm assuming?). Plus she loves super hero stuff, so sounded like it might be the perfect thing.

Thanks for your feedback on the app!
  • SweetPegasai
    SweetPegasai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for when this comes to Android.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting 'till the price goes down, so added it to my wishlist.
  • paperfiish
    paperfiish Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for this to come out on Android, I hear they brought in a lot of familiar voices for the storymode. It'll be neat to hear everyone doing something new :D
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. I was raving about it in the Facebook group as well, but it is perfect for me. Fun story, fun sound effects, great workout. Keeps my HR up the whole time. So worth the money.
  • ThatRunningGuy
    ThatRunningGuy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What exercises does it have you do?
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    What exercises does it have you do?

A little bit of everything.

Off the top of my head:
    Jumping jacks.
    Planks.
    Wall sits.
    Pushups.
    Situps.
    High-knees.
    Squats.
    Punches.
    Crunches.
    Jumps.
    Supermans.

And then there are countless variations too. Different types of punches, push-ups, crunches, squats, etc.
  • HeatherJW74
    Options
    I purchased this and am excited to start..does anyone know about the new six to start app for Apple?
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    the six to start apps work best on apple products as it was designed for the apple platform.