calorie adjustments seem to have stopped

Options
tcollis
tcollis Posts: 12 Member
A couple of days a go, calorie adjustments from my fitbit seemed to have stopped happening. On the MFP exercise diary page, it just says "0". My activity levels have not changed.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks!
Teresa

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes and it is frustrating the heck out of me. I've had this problem for a month or so now. Disconnected and reconnecting the two usually does the trick. Three days this week now I just have no adjustment because it just didn't work or it was too much of a pain to have to disconnect and reconnect AGAIN. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  • tcollis
    tcollis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ThanksAt least I know it's not just me :-). I'll try the disconnect-reconnet thing and see if it works. Do you know if the problem has been acknowledged by MFP?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    enable negative calories in your MFP settings. Sticky at top on how to do that.

You aren't burning more according to Fitbit than what MFP thought you'd burn anyway, so no positive adjustments.

If you do have negative cal adjustment enabled, is food making it over to Fitbit?
  • JenniferJo2015
    Options
    i have to disconnect and reconnect regularly and have had to do so for a long time. frustrating.
  • jmmartino213
    Options
    I am having the same problem and am at my wits end. MFP customer service says 'it looks fine' from their end. My Fitbit steps show on MFP but no exercise calories are given for 45 - 60 minutes of treadmill. This all changed on January 1. Prior to that time I would receive a positive calorie adjustment every day. Turning on negative calorie adjustment doesn't work, uninstalling, disconnecting doesn't work. Any suggestions?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Have you contacted Fitbit customer service?
  • jmmartino213
    Options
    No because the Fitbit steps are showing on MFP so it would appear to be a MFP problem. I record my food on MFP and those calories show on Fitbit. On Fitbit the calories burned vs. calories eaten (from MFP) are shown. It is just that the Fitbit activity is not being converted to exercise/positive calories on MFP - it always shows '0'. Prior to January 1 it would always show a positive number.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    No because the Fitbit steps are showing on MFP so it would appear to be a MFP problem. I record my food on MFP and those calories show on Fitbit. On Fitbit the calories burned vs. calories eaten (from MFP) are shown. It is just that the Fitbit activity is not being converted to exercise/positive calories on MFP - it always shows '0'. Prior to January 1 it would always show a positive number.

Do you have negative calories enabled on MFP settings?

When you look at the Fitbit adjustment showing 0 - click on the "i" for more info - what does it say exactly?