Anyone use a Fitbit or a Jawbone?

Options
Owenlemm
Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
I just purchased a jawbone up24 for myself as a treat for losing nearly 10 pounds. I haven't been using it long but I am wondering if it is really worth it or is just using MFP going to give me the same result? I would love to hear your thoughts on this? If you have one do you like it? What do you like/dislike?

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sooo I've had the fitbit and it had an unfortunate accident in the wash :(. For Christmas hubby bought me the garmin vivofit. I've been using it consistently now for 2 months and honestly with both...eh. I like seeing how far I've walked but in all reality I think I need to get my butt more into working out and using MFP for my calorie intake.
  • aquamarine0317
    aquamarine0317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the UP app on my smart watch and I love it! It really motivates me to see how far I've gone and what my goal is. I feel empowered on the days that I CRUSH my goal
  • scubadonia
    Options
    I just bought the Fit Bit scale and LOVE it. I was thinking about getting the bracelet. I use me iPhone to track steps, but I don't always carry it with me.
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just got a fitbit one and I love it. It really helps keep me moving. I have found that I am more motivated to get up and move to reach my step goal that I set for myself and to see how much farther I can go. I have also noticed a difference in how I feel and my energy level.
    I think that with using both that I will be able to reach my goal quicker.
  • Owenlemm
    Owenlemm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So I have been using it for two days and I have to admit that I really like it. The step counting is nice (previously I had used my phone, but I didn't always carry it). I also like the sleep function. It is really scary to see how little sleep I do get. Perhaps getting a few more ZZZs at night will help me lose the last 8 pounds I have to reach my goal. Overall I can say I would recommend it but it is a bit spendy