Daily report 2015-02-19

Options
lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
Hello everybody !

Here's another day ! Keep up the good work!

(By the way, if it happens that you have something to write before I open the daily thread, any of you can open it you know. This group is made of us all. I want to know that if I'm absent for a day the daily reports will go on without me ! ) :wink:

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've thought about doing that on some mornings (I think I'm ahead of some people as far as time zone wise or maybe I just get up way too early), but I didn't want to seem rude. I'll keep that in mind and try to wait until lunch my time before I decide you're not going to show, just in case.

My day has already been successfully planned out and I'm excited to get it done. I did a 15min quick workout this morning while my coffee brewed and my breakfast cooked. This afternoon I'm going to do a 30min yoga session while my steaks marinate and I'm going to do two 15 min circuit workouts while they cook, flipping them in-between circuits.

Can't wait to hear about everyone elses day!
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jenn. New here. Very serious about getting to my fit happy place. I am 5'1 and about 128 lbs. My goal is to have muscles and gain strength. I would like to ideally weigh around 115 - 118. I had a baby 2 years ago and turned 40 recently. ALl I can say is its hard to lose weight now. I am dedicated to my daily calorie goal. I walk about 4 miles a day at work on breaks and at lunch. And I am at the gym 5 days/nights a week. This just started in December. I have 3 kids and a full time job so its tough to stay motivated.
  • ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Another newbie here, I'm Jade just getting back into fitness after a way too long hiatus. I want to trim and tone. I'm 5'8 and 143 so really don't have much to lose just need definition and strength. I'm hoping this will keep me motivated, I need to be accountable. So far today I've done about an hour of toning work split up into segments around my two year olds schedule. Not too bad to start off as long as I keep going!
  • strongbeanthecat
    Options
    Hi Jenn and Jade. Welcome! And that sounds like a good day and plan, Mrsallen.

After an intense snack attack and migraine yesterday, I'm back at it today. I started a crockpot dinner of chicken thighs and homemade marinara sauce. I had a protein-rich breakfast, and have a big 'ol salad for lunch.

I'm hoping to get to zumba and then cardio boxing this evening, but it all depends on when I get out of my office. It is SO COLD in Chicago today. It's very hard to motivate myself to go to the gym, much less leave the house, when it's this flippin' cold out.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @ Jade and Jenn you are very welcome.

I am always amazed to see people like you (and all of you who are doing it) with kids and shedules and work, yet your are still there working out and making it happen! It is indeed hard to stay motivate but it's worth it ! And ... we are here for you and we will be here day after day to encourage you. :)

@strongbeanthecat I feel like it's been 10 days in a row that I'm in a snow storm here, so I feel you... but you can do it !! :D

@‌Mrsallen6_11
    I also notice you seem to be either early bird or in different time zone. So please, whenever, you are here before me and you feel like it, start the thread, I would never find it rude, actually it would make me happy. I really appreciate anybody who gets involved in the group in any way they want/can.

It's the same for recruiting people, anybody is welcome to bring people here. As we say in french "plus on est de fous plus on rit" (The more the better ?!? ;) )

As for my day:

-25 mins total body workout
    -45 mins yoga

I'm so happy my friend is joining me in the 8 weeks yoga challenge and he seems to take it seriously.

So, lets keep up the good work people ! Thanks for being here !
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit better today. I have already done 1 hour of walking and 1 hour of step aerobics. Planning to make gypsy stew tonight. We are going to get the materials for the green house tonight. It's a reality. :smiley:

Great job everyone. Have a wonderful day.
  • ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @‌ scrapbookingtm what is a gypsy stew and how does one make it? Sounds interesting and Google is giving me lots of conflicting receipes
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Options
    @‌scrapbookingtm what is a gypsy stew and how does one make it? Sounds interesting and Google is giving me lots of conflicting receipes

I was going to ask the same thing :smile:.
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I had a great workout this morning and stayed fairly close to my calories. But, I am starving!
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Oops! I posted before I was done.
    A little bit of hungry today may lead to great success so I am happy and still very motivated to keep eating well, exercising and receiving support from this group.
  • scrapbookingtm
    Options
    It's one of my favorite soups.
    2 cans garbonzo beans
    1 bag of spinach (i cut mine up a bit)
    2 cans low sodium chicken broth
    1 cup water
    3 cup diced tomatoes
    1 large onion diced
    1 red pepper
    1 yellow pepper
    2 yams or sweet potatoes cubed
    opt: 1 lb chicken or pork cut up (I leave mine without)
    2 t paprika
    2 t ground cumin
    .25 t cinnamon
    2 t basil
    black pepper to taste
    8 dashes cayenne (or to fit your taste)
    cover and cook in slow cooker - low for 10-11 hours or high 5-6 hours
  • scrapbookingtm
    edited February 2015
    Options
    oh and in the summer when I have lots of extra zucchini, I always add that too.

Alisa
  • RandomA1
    RandomA1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym for the first time in a month and it felt pretty good. I'm going to try to make it a habit since it's quite a struggle for me. I did well with my meals as far as eating healthy except for the snacks. Was craving sugar like whoa lol so hopefully as I continue working on my eating habits, the sugar cravings will go away again.
  • scrapbookingtm
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good job! First time to the gym can be daunting. When I want sugar, I try to have fruit. It seems to help.

Alisa
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today, a great thing happened: I ate a cookie and a mint. It sounds dumb, maybe even like I messed up my meal plan. But here's the thing: these were made specially for me at school as part as of a wellness week, so it would have been terribly rude to refuse. And so I ate them. But the great part is: I didn't let that derail me. So many times in the past, I'd have deprived myself and then gone crazy and binged. Or, I'd promised myself to eat only one, and end up veering off track for weeks. But today: the fact that I let myself have that little indulgence and then got straight back on track with exercise and diet was a milestone.
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Good job today, everybody! And welcome to the newbies :)

Thanks so much for the love yesterday, you guys! I needed it. Today I did better at fighting off the vending machine (I've been pretty much at home the last couple months and was able to just not have temptations around...so my will power is getting a workout!). I only had a coke, and that was after I ate my salad and other healthy goodies I packed. I was literally falling asleep at my desk looking at spreadsheets, so a little shot of caffeine and sugar did wonders :)

Today:
    - I ate my planned meals, at least until dinner. BF and I went out on a spontaneous date night, and walked around a little artsy fartsy neighborhood for a couple hours. Capped it off with the most delicious Mexican food I've ever had (and I could eat Mex 7 days a week).
    - Due to date night, I hit my 10k steps!
    - Did Day2 of my challenges, and they're easier than I thought they would be! Thinking of doing them once all the way through, and then doing them a second time. Except for the plank....those things were invented by Satan ;-)
  • Mrsallen6_11
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You know I have really grown to like coming here, I smile at everyone's posts just happy to see that we're all making it one day at a time.

@HealthyBella403‌ I think its great that you were able to have something you wanted and not stress over it.

This is our new lifestyle now guys, becoming healthy and fit and making it it last for rest of our lives. And personally I don't think I could completely go without at least one cookie every now and then, or Mexican food during a date night. The key is not to go over board with our indulgences (though they my taste really good, just remember they're not really good for you), moderation is important. And support from friends and family (like all of us wonderful people here in this group) is even more important.

@rissavanwey‌ i can completely relate with you on the Mexican food, and about the planks....ugh. But you had fun and you enjoyed yourself and you still managed to get a great workout in.

@SRJennings‌ I believe that you did great, you got out there, you worked out, and you did your best to make healthy choices throughout the day and really that's the best any of us could do.

Personally I wake up some mornings and just have a cup of coffee cause I'm not hungry, and other days I'll have a full breakfast cause I wake up starving. I guess it depends on how much I ate for dinner the night before, but I just go with it and do the best I can.