Do you sabotage yourself?

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I feel like the last month i an continually sabotaging myself. I have stayed within my calories but made poor food choices. .my running has been next to nothing and water intake non existent. Why when i am so close to Onederland..am I scared of getting below 200? I'm not sure but I want my passion back..I'm tired of gaining and losing the same one or two pounds. Help me find my passion and motivation again. I know it's around somewhere. .

Replies

• bahbedwire
    bahbedwire Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I know I do. I feel that with school, I'm too busy to exercise! I get 30 min every day (according to my fitbit) and I have been losing weight, but I feel myself waning from time to time. I have been toying with the idea of rewarding myself when I reach my next goal... maybe go to another country or buy myself a new piece of clothing. Or a computer!

Sometimes I just go back to the motivation board and check out the inspirational quotes.

And then I go on YouTube and watch either Superfat vs Superskinny OR Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kayjosh, I am in the SAME boat! I think we need to tell our mind to get out of our bodies way (got that from Dolvett on Biggest Loser). It's a mind thing.... And we need to shut it up!
  • Turbooble
    Turbooble Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As far as motivation goes, I finally got my husband to hop on this weight loss train. Exciting, right? Then, I find out his work having an 8 week biggest loser challenge, where the winner gets $2000, 2nd place $1000, 3rd place $500, and for every pound you lose you get A ticket for drawings for Garmin watches and workout equipment.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think it's all in the head. Without exercise I do not lose weight. I still walk ut not like I was. This weekend I have the 5k and have not trained in weeks but I am going to do it, maybe it will be the jumpstart I need.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I get near 200 or just under and then I'm right back over 200 again and stuck. I haven't lost anything this challenge so far, but with Valentines and my birthday out of the way this past week maybe I can get motivated! Nicer weather would really help too.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree, I think it's all in the head. Without exercise I do not lose weight. I still walk ut not like I was. This weekend I have the 5k and have not trained in weeks but I am going to do it, maybe it will be the jumpstart I need.

Yep, I'm thinking the same thing. Starting is the hard part. So, it's all about NOT stopping! That's my biggest down fall... a few days of not working out, plus a few days of eating bad - makes it hard to get back into the groove. We can do it though! Everyday is a new day.
  • walking_woman
    walking_woman Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    I'm with you! I get near 200 or just under and then I'm right back over 200 again and stuck. I haven't lost anything this challenge so far, but with Valentines and my birthday out of the way this past week maybe I can get motivated! Nicer weather would really help too.

The "Onederland" goal is my downfall. I have to get it out of my head. As soon as I see it coming close I freeze up. My mind goes into "you can't make it below that number" and I gain weight.

That is part of the reasoning behind not using the scale as my measure of success. The scale scares me into submission that I will never make it. So now it is all about "Non Scale Victories" for me this time round.