Stomach bug

Options
momkas
momkas Posts: 22 Member
I'm 7 woks post op and have diahreah. Last night I took pepto without thinking. Today I still have symptoms but remembered I'm not suposed to take that med. what can I do or take to alleviate my symptoms? Did I do any harm taking pepto one time?

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I would check with your surgeon's office for what you can eat and take to help.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    There are several things to eat that are natural binding agents, like cheese, but since you are just 7 weeks out, you should check with your doctor. In the meantime, try some tea. I know you can have that and it is one of the things they tell you to eat/drink to help with diahreah. It also counts as your water. Hope you feel better soon.

And no, I don't think you hurt anything with one dose of Peto or you would be in some kind of pain now.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would try a mint tea. Mint is supposed to calm your stomach.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea is not uncommon to WLS about 1 in 10 people have had it. The pepto didn't cause any harm the concerns are that it has aspirin in it and could lead to bleeding.
    I would recommend fiber. The problem with fiber is that it is bulky and can cause full feelings, so start with a small amount and wait and see if it helps. When you add fiber you will need to also add water.

Randy RN
  • momkas
    momkas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.