Pleased to meet you!

Options
Hey, I'm Z. I need to lose 81 pounds. It seemed daunting initially but I just started ten days ago and I can already see results. I like to read, write and listen to music and I find that if I'm getting unhealthy cravings, distracting myself is the best thing to do. We're all beautiful in our own ways and I hope we can help each other out in times when we need support and motivation. Come join, beautiful humans :blush:

Replies

• Candy2034
    Candy2034 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Z, I'm Candice. I just started about a week ago. I have been reading a lot to distract myself also, plus I just started meditating. Do far I'm hungry a lot but I know that the hunger will fade and it's well worth it to get thin and healthy!
  • Dreamagination
    Options
    Hi Candice! You have a very pretty name :smiley: Reading really truly helps a lot, with a good book, you can completely lose yourself for hours on end. However I have never tried meditation, could you give me a few pointers on what you do? Also, I know the initial hunger pangs can be annoying, I'd advise you to eat small meals throughout the day as long as you're in your calorie budget. I hope that helps!
  • Candy2034
    Candy2034 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try eating smaller meals more often. Sometimes I just meditate by closing my eyes and taking slow deep breaths, just concentrating on my breathing. Then I scan my body for any tension and consciously relax that area. This is a good time to think about positive affirmations. Sometimes I want to feel like I'm on a mini vacation so I bought some guided meditations to do. I hope this helps :smile:
  • Dreamagination
    Options
    I shall definitely try it.. I happen to have some scented candles, maybe I can use them too :)
    I hope this helps with sound sleep because I have a hard time getting to aleep and staying that way :/
  • katie_patrie
    Options
    Hello! I am Katie I have been doing this for some time. I have lost 30 pounds and have 77 left to go. I have 12 to lose to meet my short term goal by mid March :blush: I hope we can encourage, motivate and challenge each other in this group. I love the name of the group Z!