Daily Report 2015-02-23

Options
Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to get the daily report started up. Hopefully my mom and sister will join us today, fingers crossed :D. I wish everyone a good day and I'll return later to report on my day.

~ Kris

Replies

• ElisionJade
    ElisionJade Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Started off slow today but actually made myself eat breakfast which I normally skip and got in some yoga and housework hopefully later I'll be able to get in more (my two year old seems to think she's helping by adding her weight to the mix)
  • SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Isabelle - I have been taking your advise about eating up to 1200 calories per/day and I finally made it official and edited my goals in MFP. The scale has been moving down so I could not be happier!

I got in a great swim this morning and plan some yoga time after grocery shopping today.

My fingers are crossed wishing all of you a healthy Monday.
    Susan
  • rissavanwey
    rissavanwey Posts: 29
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yay Kris!! Peer pressure at its finest! LOL

Elision, LOL about kids helping. No kids here, just 180# worth of overly enthusiastic and helpful puppies who love the dirt piles I sweep up! Good
    luck!!

Susan, so glad you're seeing progress!! That's always super exciting :-)

I'm back in town and it's a snow day here in Dallas! And by snow I mean an inch of ice with some powder sprinkled on top :-) The doggies are loving it!!

- I'm a quarter of the way to my goal of 10# gone by Memorial Day!
    - I managed to keep up with my challenges over the weekend at my parents house, and only killed it caloriewise one of the two days.... I always fail there :-)
    - I have a plan for hitting my fitbit step goal for the day...housework!!
    - I'm about to redo my resume per a friend's suggestions and apply for a job with another friend's referral. Say a little prayer for me!!

I hope everyone has am awesome and healthy day today!
  • ElisionJade
    Options
    @rissavanwey good luck with the resume and jobs! Question too which Fitbit do you have and do you like it? I've been thinking about getting the charge hr for mysel but hate to drop that much money if I won't like it. I'd love your opinion!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ElisonJade - you've got to love those 2 year olds. I have 2 of them here with me today and a 4 yr old. Sure change my plans up a bit. But I think I'm getting much more running around after them though. At least I got in 30 min of strength training before they woke up.

Susan, that is so great the scale is moving for you and with more calories. It does take a bit of hit and miss to find what best for your own bodies.

Marissa - you have to love chores doubling for exercise! We haven't had any snow this year. At least none in the valley and very little in the mountains. Haven't had to shovel snow at all this year. Great goals for today.

Kris - that would be wonderful to add your mom and sister.

lol, this post has taken me over 30 min to write, jumping up every few min to chase 3 little boys.

My goal for today is to go play with those little boys. Have a great day everyone.

Alisa
  • ShandaMSanders
    ShandaMSanders Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! New to the group (Kris, aka @Mrsallen6_11‌) is my youngest daughter and recommended the group. I've been a MyFitnessPal / FitBit user since the end of December and I'm loving both. I'm off to a slow start on my own (-15 lbs. & 55 more to go) and look forward to sharing the journey and contributing to the group! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Shanda
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shanda
    15 lbs isn't a slow start, that's great! Just keep it up and good luck on your journey!

Alisa
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    HEY MOM!!!!!!! :D I'm glad you finally found us :).

Well today I packed my lunch with a yummy apple salad, some pretzel sticks, and an orange. This is a big leap for me cause I usually get lazy in the mornings and just decide to get something from one of the few restaurants we have here in my small town (and they don't have very healthy choices either) so I'm very proud of myself today and I plan to pack my lunch from now on as well. On top of that, I did a small 15min. workout this morning and I'm going to do my Zumba video again. I only did the intro yesterday (learning the moves) and man did it kick my butt! I'm gonna do the intro one more time (tonight) to make sure I get the moves down and I might even move on to learn some of the dances but we'll see.

I'm glad everyone else is having a good day so far and I hope it continues to go well for everyone. See ya'll later.

~ Kris
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh Welcome Shanda, congratulation on your 15 lbs !
    It's great to have you here. You must be proud of your daugther ! She's awesome ! :D

Good job everybody !

Today, I'm back ! I feel better.

-25 mins high intensity aerobics
    -35 mins yoga

Yesterday, Vicky wrote some words of wisdom. She said to smile whether you don't feel like it and it's funny because I do that some times and it truly works. You feel blue or just plain normal and then just by forcing a smile on your lips you sunddenly feel better. Try it, it works ! :)
  • ElisionJade
    Options
    Too add to the train of not being lazy today (which I am guilty of quite often) I did manage to complete my challenges for today an made a sweet potato bisque for dinner from scratch. Gotta love healthy receipes that taste good! :D
  • nanavickig
    nanavickig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So happy to see everyone has been having a great day today!! Hi Shanda, congrats on your fantastic start this year - 15lbs is loads, its over a stone (14lbs) here in the uk, always a huge milestone!! I too have had a great day, ate under my calorie goal and lots of protein, ran 4 miles including 6 steep hill sprints in the middle of it, and spent some quality time with my daughter and adorable 6mth granddaughter <3 off to bed now, need to get my 20 pages reading in, not had time for that today!! Goodnight everyone xxx