Fitbit charge HR

Options
2»

Replies

• fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hello all, got my HR on Fri, and love it so far.....the first day confused me and others, did usual pottering around house Sat morning, total 6500 steps told me to eat 1800 cals back.....far too much...I want to lose weight not double up...lol....anyways at work today I did 6500 again and got 600 back....so better I think...maybe the FB got excited it was alive.....looking forward to getting more data to analyse over the next few months....(main reason I got it was to gather more data)....

Good luck everyone, feel free to add me if you wish....

www.fitbit.com/user/37ZN8H

• Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had the zip for a while and loved it. Got my charge HR a few days ago and can't believe I functioned without it! No issues. Aside from the obvious monitoring awesomeness, I love the silent alarm.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    Options
    Had mine for over a month. I had been using a HR monitor with bluetooth so had to have my phone with me all the time to get the feedback. Wearing this on my wrist is sooo much more handy. I love the weekly report, it makes me look at my results not just a guesstimate of what I am doing. Plus you can connect with other sites like Walgreens to earn points for doing your steps. Love that bonus feature. My battery lasts about 3.5 days, so I just put it on the charger overnight, as I am not over concerned about my sleep patterns, I already gathered enough data to see I am ok in that department. I can't image continuing my weight loss journey without this device!
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    I love my Flex. I ordered a plum Charge HR from Fitbit on Jan. 6. They say it won't ship 'til the end of March.

I JUST ordered my plum as well. Fitbit buddies!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    Hello all, got my HR on Fri, and love it so far.....the first day confused me and others, did usual pottering around house Sat morning, total 6500 steps told me to eat 1800 cals back.....far too much...I want to lose weight not double up...lol....anyways at work today I did 6500 again and got 600 back....so better I think...maybe the FB got excited it was alive.....looking forward to getting more data to analyse over the next few months....(main reason I got it was to gather more data).

When you set up your Fitbit, it has to guesstimate your burn since midnight. So your first day's burn is always a mess. My adjustments were wonky at first but they got better—almost as if MFP was "learning" my routine.

Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings then eating back your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus your deficit.
  • myfreeacct
    myfreeacct Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello I have had my Charge HR for almost a month now and really like it. I think it would be fun to have some friends on Fitbit. So feel free to add me. Thanks
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/39395D
  • Rhaamses
    Rhaamses Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love the Charge HR. Switched over from the Force to the Charge HR in February. It was interesting to see the change in my resting heart rate while using the device bi think there may be issues with the heart rate on the high end. (My strapped heart monitor gives different results while I'm running), but I'm pleased with all the same.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR... had a moment this morning I nearly ran out of battery, so refused to move from my desk seat until it was charged and back on! Don't like to waste those steps!!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR arrived yesterday. I love that you don't have to put it into & out of sleep mode—it just knows when you are sleeping. It knows when you're awake!
  • krmcdonald428
    krmcdonald428 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Hubby and I just got our charge hr 3/27, and it us motivated us to love so much more. I even catch him dancing and moving in place around the house to get more steps than me. We have a little friendly competition going on now. We totally love it so far. I'm new to fitness trackers and would like some friends to keep up the motivation with some challenges, so feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dent5499
    dent5499 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So does everyone use the negative adjustments on MFP for your Fitbit or do you not allow it as it means you would be eating back your exercise calories?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your Fitbit burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), aka your maintenance calories. If (and only if) you enable negative calorie adjustments http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings then eating back your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus your deficit.

As editorgrrl and heybales have both mentioned in the threads here.

Read the FAQ, to better understand how all this works:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    My Charge HR arrived yesterday. I love that you don't have to put it into & out of sleep mode—it just knows when you are sleeping. It knows when you're awake!

Nice to know they're starting to ship the plum. I got a black one, because I washed my One and couldn't wait, but I also ordered a plum and when it gets here, my son gets my black one (at a discounted price) and I get the plum.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »

Nice to know they're starting to ship the plum. I got a black one, because I washed my One and couldn't wait, but I also ordered a plum and when it gets here, my son gets my black one (at a discounted price) and I get the plum.

As of last week, you can have and use both! I got my Charge HR in January when I thought I lost my Flex. I subsequently found the Flex. Now they are both linked to my Fitbit account. If I'm doing something splashy or want a sleeker look I wear the Flex, but prefer the Charge HR most of the time. When I'm charging one I wear the other. I don't have to do anything to the app. It's just like changing bracelets.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I don't really need two Charge HRs, and my son really does want one. Fortunately, we have compatible wrist sizes. However, if the friend I gave my One to (it came back to life 10 days after I washed it) decides it isn't something she wants to use, I'll get it back and use it at times.