Fitbit HR - Cant wear on wrist.....

Options
fatjon73
fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
hello all

New to FB, got mine last week and am loving the info given so far (although I do think my cals back is far too much)

My problem is my job, I work in a food factory, you cannot wear watches on your wrist, I know it will still track step sin your pocket etc but I want to use the HR to get a good idea of my days....soooooooo

I have been wearing my FB strapped to my ankle, it is very secure, and then its covered / help in place by my sock, so it is discreet..... I have found my cals back to be much nearer the mark with it strapped here.......

History so far....

Fri - Bought and tried it out....knew the log for that day was wrong at only wore it from 6pm....

Sat - wrist - Activity set at light (as for last 7 weeks) - 6500 steps done - 1800 cals back (far too much)

Sun - ankle - changed my activity to sedentary, and then let my FB work out my cals back through activity (will not eat all back from now on either)

Mon - ankle - Work day - steady day, office based, easy work.....6500 steps - 580 cals back, this seems a much closer result for me anyways.....giving me 2300 to eat today...

I am a 41yr old man, 248 lbs, 5,10.....

Does anyone else wear there HR anywhere other than wrist???

Do you all think it will still be as accurate ??? - Reading the HR spec, the HR measures your capillaries pulsing to get heart rate, on your wrist as the skin is thin.....sooooo my thinking either ankle, lower part so cannot fall down, or just above the elbow to the side a bit, strapped in a elbow support strap to hide it still and keep it attached....

I know its early days yet for me......but it seems to be good data collected on ankle today...

Any thoughts anyone???

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Have you tried looking for another job ?
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people wearing on their ankle for cycling and elliptical, but not sure about accuracy. You should take it to a track or a treadmill and fine tune the stride length and then just go for it.
  • fatjon73
    Options
    Have you tried looking for another job ?

Lol - Bit drastic just to use mt FB don't you think......+ I get to work with chocolate and toffee alllll night.....( I work in a sweet factory )
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You could trade it for a fit it one. It does what you mainly want, track calories and activity but just doesn't have that HR monitoring
  • fatjon73
    Options
    firefoxxie wrote: »
    You could trade it for a fit it one. It does what you mainly want, track calories and activity but just doesn't have that HR monitoring

It is working fine on my ankle TBH, gets a HR no issues, tried it overnight last night, my sleep / HR seems similar to night before too, so it looks like all good on the ankle....

Find I have less steps too as it does not get my arm movements (I do talk a lot with my hands too) so I personally think I may wear it here 24/7 now and not just for work......

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    My replacement chr didn't fix my excessive calories problem. Which part of your ankle is the hrm part facing?
  • fatjon73
    Options
    lg4ebg2jagem.png

This is how it sat best in my ankle, I had a strap from and old camera or phone of something, that will take the strap end, and allow me to wrap round my ankle so it is secure....then my sock over too.....or just tie the 2 ends round your ankle and put a bandage or sweatband over it, to try.....

I still get high eat back figures, but not as much as when on Wrist.....but it is getting my sleep times correct, as did wrist, and my HR seems to be similar to other times when on wrist so all seems good to me.....so far.